Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60-E VSS issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60-E VSS issues

Ok, so I have a 94 Camaro with a 396 CI LT1 in it. Its not making much horsepower for the setup. Its currently about 350 Hp and 360 Ft-lbs to the wheels. The Transmission was just built at the begginning on the summer by Coan in Kokomo Indiana. It worked great for about 17 passes on the drag strip, then it started acting up. After looking at my data logs, it loses VSS shortly after the launch. It goes from 0 to 5 MPH then stops. When this happens it goes out and hits the revlimiter 4 or 5 times, then VSS comes back and it defaults and goes directly to third. After the car is shut off, the tranny is fine again. It only does this on the drag strip, never on the street. We replaced the VSS sensor as recommended by Coan and its still doing it. Has anyone else had these kind of problems? The car is pulling 1.75 60' times on all stock suspension and street tires too mind you. I'm starting to get frusterated with it and am hoping someone can shed some light on what could be causing this. Oh, the car has 3.73s in the rear and the converter stalls to about 3500 rpms. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump! Anyone have any ideas at all?