Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

L92 heads swap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 07:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L92 heads swap?

There are a couple of you guys who are very knowledgable with engines on this board so i thought i would post this up.

i have a C5R 427ci, forged everything.

Got a guy who is interested in swapping heads with me. He has a set of ported L92 heads (350cfm @.600) but they don't fit his stock cubed motor. he is looking for an ls6 setup and was interested in mine. i have ported ls6 heads, they flowed 330cfm @ .614 so pretty good for stock heads.

anyways, i would gain a lil compression advantage lowering it down into the mid 10s. i'd throw thick gaskets in and then i "should" be good to roll for boost.

I would need to sell my FAST 90 setup and buy an LS3 intake. that should not be a problem. i can still use my Nick Williams throttle body so that will be nice.

Anybody have experience with the L92 setup? any info you know? i'd expect to gain a lil bit of power but the main focus here is lowering the CR to run boost.

thoughts? thanks guys!
Aj
Old 11-17-2009, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say its a good trade. Those sound like some badass 243's you have there, lol.

Whats the currect CR ?

How much boost do you plan on running ?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man. my current 243 heads were ported to the max. my current cr is 11.8:1. quite high for boost. i plan on running around 10# or as much as i safely can. my goal for this motor is 750+rwhp.

or...nitrous always can do the trick, but i want reliable, ALL the time power without issue.

Aj