Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Texas Speed 1 7/8' headers ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the Texas Speed 1 7/8' headers ?

I know there not stainless but for the price they look great. I'm just curious if there a very similar design as the ARH and flow almost the same ?
Old 11-17-2009, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

Forgot the link:

http://texas-speed.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=899
Old 11-17-2009, 12:44 PM
On The Tree

i have them but i dont really have the other info you want lol. the quality of the set i got are pretty good though. the welds seemed really nice. the drivers side was a pita to install. ended up have to do the motor mount on that side and lifting the motor up and using a little gentle persuasion to get it in. passenger slipped right in.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info/feedback! That's spot on with all the feedback we've received and what we've had to do on the installs here. The easiest way is to remove that driver's side motor mount and torque the engine over to the passenger side to get that header in. After that, the fitment once in place is very nice!

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:30 PM
TECH Regular

OK that's great to know because I was going to do poly inserts anyway when I do my headers. Still want to make sure these would equal the power increase of the AR because I'm trying to decide between the two.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The perk ARH 1 7/8" headers offer over ours is that high velocity merge collector. It is a a very nice piece, and of course theirs are stainless. I can get you into a set of ARH at competitive pricing as well, of course! For the money though, ours are very hard to beat

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is the TSP coating better then pacesetters? because mine are rusting bad and look like **** under the car! Funny thing is my painted TSP Ypipe looks new WTF LOL