Sponsored by:

6l90e Manual shift

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 6l90e Manual shift

Hey

I got an l92 with 6l90e from 2007 Esclade on 79 c10. I know that with Esclade you can manually shift with Up & Down button an column shifter and wondering if anyone figured the how can you control the manual shifter for a hybrid setup.

Ray
Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v502
Hey

I got an l92 with 6l90e from 2007 Esclade on 79 c10. I know that with Esclade you can manually shift with Up & Down button an column shifter and wondering if anyone figured the how can you control the manual shifter for a hybrid setup.

Ray
Are you asking if anyone has been able to Tiptronic (Tap Up / Tap Down) shift 6L80E/90E?

If so the answer is yes. John Spears, Speartech has converted a couple of different GM Tiptronic shifters to do that if you use Corvette shift program.

If you use shift program that comes in some cars like the G8 Pontiac you would need it's body control module and wire harness to connect it.

He has also done it with 3 position momentary contact switch too.

I'm working with a company to see if they are able to go from battery powered RF switches to power from horn wire and RF switching if they can't adapt their one wire paddle shifter to do it. Problem with one wire is the only one wire common in most steering columns is the horn wire. It hard to use that same wire as power for a paddle switch and to send signal to trans to up shift are down shift at same time. Horn tends to want to blow when you paddle shift. RF switching solves that problem are using battery power paddle switches.

I'm using Speartech modified G8 shifter to Tiptronic shift my 6L80E.

Do a search for 6L80 in Hybrid conversion section and you'll probably find more info their than here about 6L trans.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It should be a 6l80 the 6l90 is only used in the HD's in the trucks.

I have thought about trying to use the column shifter hitch and just use the whole stalk.

read this https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...o-does-go.html

Quick Reply: 6l90e Manual shift