Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette 2nd servo and the billet 4th servo how does this hold up without breaking th

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 03:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corvette 2nd servo and the billet 4th servo how does this hold up without breaking th

What about the Corvette 2nd servo and the billet 4th servo how does this hold up without breaking the band

i had dynotech preformance (in nj not there any more) build the second to last tranny that's in the car know and with both billet servos it snapped the band and had to have it replaced but the guy who did the work took out the billet set up and replaced it with the corvette servo which i find a big deference in the 3rd to 4th shift under boost to be a little sloppy it not slipping but i would like to have that snappy shift like before without breaking the band...

the specs fr the tranny when built by dynotech
"Includes Transgo shift kit, 13-vane blueprinted pump assembly,

Alto wide-band, Alto Red Devil 3-4 (alto wide band broke)
clutches, Modified lock-up controls. All new electronics. Teflon pump/drum
and tail housing bushings.

the Billet 1-2 apply servo, billet 4th gear apply was removed for the corvette servo set up
Old 12-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Teching In

anyone ttt
Old 12-16-2009, 04:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

We use the billet servo with our units on second and 4th and have not see issue with the band breaking but the trick at least IMO is to leave the 1-2 accumulation setup stock with this servo no washers in the accum .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by performabuilt
We use the billet servo with our units on second and 4th and have not see issue with the band breaking but the trick at least IMO is to leave the 1-2 accumulation setup stock with this servo no washers in the accum .

which (2-4) servo do you use (sonnex?)

also how much do you charge for the parts shipped to 10314 thx jim
Old 12-23-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

the vette servo comes in the ls1 trannys ,so what kind of servo to use to get the snap in a stock tranny?
Old 12-24-2009, 12:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blk_Ws6
the vette servo comes in the ls1 trannys ,so what kind of servo to use to get the snap in a stock tranny?

This tranny is in a lt1 car ... they used a billet servo set up but not sure from which company .... when the band broke the tranny guy who pulled it apart and rebuilt it throw out the billet one i had (which pissed me off)

So with the blower set up(I am making over 600 pounds of torque) I can tell the difference between top gear pulls with the corvette servo vs the servo i had in there before....... so I don't want a band problem again
Old 12-24-2009, 02:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

The Corvette servo is a decent piece, it is large enough to handle significant power. IMO as much power as the trans design allows, so I rarely use a billet servo for 2nd gear.

You need to use an Alto band with reinfoced anchors and a billet anchor pin in the case to prevent failure in either case if you have it shifting hard.

Your builder may have "detuned" the orificing or accumulators for 2nd gear shift as well to prevent further band failures.

Quick Reply: Corvette 2nd servo and the billet 4th servo how does this hold up without breaking th