Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

K member on a DD

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 11:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default K member on a DD

I did a search and found a number of people who have had issues cracking their tubular k members. Does anyone in here run one on their daily driver?

Is there one that is strong enough to endure the normal abuse from everyday driving?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 PM
Launching!

got a full umi suspension with strano/koni, rides a bit harsh and has more noise but i DD it and nothing has gone wrong other than hitting a huge pot hole that cause the lower shock mounts on the control arms to bend, and UMI quickyly sent me stuff to fix it. Other than that, no issues at all.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:42 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Our K-member is a very streetable set-up and will hold up just fine to all types of driving. We have many customers using this item on daily drivers and street vehicles

www.umiperformance.com/2320

If you have any questions please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 12-10-2009, 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sofls1
I did a search and found a number of people who have had issues cracking their tubular k members. Does anyone in here run one on their daily driver?

Is there one that is strong enough to endure the normal abuse from everyday driving?
Hello, we have our k members on hundreds of daily drivers. Not only is our k member one of the lightest on the market it is also one of the most durable. BMR K-members are built using larger diameter 1-5/8" x .120" and 1-1/4" x .095" tubing yet still remain up to 7.5 lbs. lighter than the competitions due to our integrated mount design. When you combine our k member and lower a arms you will see a minimum weight loss of 42lbs. We also offer a high clearance turbo version. If you have any questions about this or any of our BMR products please give me a call.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:00 PM
10 Second Club

Actually I like both UMI's and BMR's units. I actually have some pieces form both your companies on my car and happy with both so far.

Anyone else care to share their experiences with these k members in street or heavy use.

Quick Reply: K member on a DD