Need help passing my car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help passing my car!

So I got a ticked a while back for inspection being out. (the 20 day fix it period expires on the 24th)
So I've been driving around all day (literally) trying to find a place that doesn't mind my dumped true duals. Car is a 95 Z28, Longtubes with emissions, 2.5" CATTED x-pipe, and Dynomax bullets dumped at the axle, untuned.

After about 4 hours of getting the same "I don't want to deal with that dumped muffler" BS, I decide to get these bad boys put on;

I thought it would pass the sniffer for sure now! Being catted and all.
The car was warmed up and everything.

Take it to a local guy and he finally agrees to put it on the dyno sniffer thing.

For some reason, my plug wires won't let the test to keep running and he says they're bad...WTF!? They're brand new MSD 8.5mm OTVC, I'm pretty sure they're not burnt and I have no missing, from what I can tell.

So he pulls his car up and we hook the plugs up from his and run my car on the dyno.

Not like it mattered, it failed the sniffer, but not by much.
But the guy who ran it told me I had 15 days to renew it, but I'm not sure if that is an extension from the 20 days I originally received or what...
He also said to buy a bottle of RXP? or something, little red bottle that should clean it out and run the **** out of it for a tank then come back tomorrow.

So yeah, I'm pretty pissed...not to mention broke from X-mas shopping the day before, being a dumbass.

I'm really not sure what I'm gonna do, I guess just put that in the tank and drive the **** out of it and hope for the best tomorrow.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

its not an extension from the original inspection ,its 15 days from the current inspection and what were ther readings rxp is a good product but if the hydrocarbons were high or the any of the other readings were borderline usually rxp brings those reads up even more what were the nox readings
Old 12-22-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who put those on there for you? Just Curious
Old 12-22-2009, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The only part it failed at was the Nox during the 25mph test, I'm allowed 796 and it was at 904.

The Hernandezeses put the pipes on lol
Old 12-22-2009, 10:27 PM
Teching In

sefoam the engine?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I seafoam'd it when I bought it, but I might have some left over that I'll spray into the TB...

Just can't believe it failed with it being catted.

If anyone wants to trade a nice Y-pipe/catback system, I'm game lol.
I don't want to deal with this again.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good news!

I went to court today and it turns out its 20 business days, so I have until something like the 6th.

I'm gonna ditch the duals so if anyone wants them, let me know.