LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

OPSU relocate But Where?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OPSU relocate But Where?

I have read several responses to manifold swap threads about relocating the oil pressure sensor in order to keep DOD. But where exactly would it get relocated to? I have read reference to drilling and tapping the block, but exactly where? I have heard reference to using an oil filer adaptor, what kind of adaptor? I have also seen reference to an oem GM oil pan sensor adaptor.
Any good ideas out there that might actually work and be feasable to do with engine still in the car? I want to know to keep option open of using an LS2 intake manifold . The intake neck is so large that cutting and bending original OPSU tower is not an option, it will hit. I am still considering an LS1, LS2 or LS6 intake manifold. Send pictures, send $$$ too lol
Old 01-06-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Did you check the ls2 swap thread? Pretty sure the guy just had it cut and angled...
Old 01-06-2010, 07:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Underneath the front exhaust manifold is an oil block off plate. If you have a block heater its right under it, if not above and right of the oil filter. Either drill and tap it or make a new one.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Thanks. I'll look there!