Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Update on 95 rcsb LSX swap. NOW 6 speed!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Update on 95 rcsb LSX swap. NOW 6 speed!

Hey guys here is the original thread that I started a while back ago on the swap.https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...silverado.html
Here is the update!
I just went down to El Paso Texas this past weekend and installed a t56 6-speed in it. We installed a built 6 speed and spec4 clutch ,pressure plate and flywheel. It was automatic with a th350 before the swap. Truck runs awesome! Next on the list will be a built rearend with 4.56 gears and suspension work. Here are some videos and pics of the swap from this weekend. Enjoy! and any questions just ask. For the guys that wanted the wheel specs I have the numbers from the wheels I just need to decode them.
This is the clip when we get on the freeway.. but a little traffic kept us from hitting the rest of the gears.

This is a clip of us doing short runs on his block..

This is a little burn out.. you can see that we need suspension work by the wheelhop in the rear.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Resident

Here are some misc pics..

Old 01-21-2010, 10:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice build..im was thinking about doing the same swap to my 98 silverado now youve given me some motivation
Old 01-21-2010, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by musclecity85
nice build..im was thinking about doing the same swap to my 98 silverado now youve given me some motivation
Thanks...It was a pretty straight forward swap. I just had to get the driveshaft shortened when I was running a 700r4, then we put in a longtail t350 and it was the also the right length. Then we installed the t56 and the drive shaft was still the perfect size. Even the t350 yolk worked perfect for all 3 transmissions. Good luck if you get to doing the swap. Any questions just ask.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this update! Totally awesome! The videos rock! The rims and tires look great on your truck too.

So how did the 454SS decals come about? Just added them on a black rcsb? Nice.

I have a 1990 454SS and can't stand the lack of overdrive. Can you tell me what you did to work out the hydraulics from the stock pedal assembly to the slave and master cylinders? Any pics would be nice as well if you have them. I want to keep mine a 454 but have a LT1 T56 available that could be a nice bolt in. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2010, 09:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MonteHawk
I love this update! Totally awesome! The videos rock! The rims and tires look great on your truck too.

So how did the 454SS decals come about? Just added them on a black rcsb? Nice.

I have a 1990 454SS and can't stand the lack of overdrive. Can you tell me what you did to work out the hydraulics from the stock pedal assembly to the slave and master cylinders? Any pics would be nice as well if you have them. I want to keep mine a 454 but have a LT1 T56 available that could be a nice bolt in. Thanks!
When we first purchased the truck it was riding on 22"s with a slight lift kit...(donk). It had a new black paint job and the stickers were already installed when we got it. First thing we did was toss the 22"s. As for the hydraulics... The truck was originally a 350tbi with a 5 speed manual. I wish I still had pictures when we had a LT1 in it with a 4l60e. That thing moved! burned the trans and then we went with a built 355 that is the first swap and installed a th350. In all of that we removed the clutch pedal and hydraulic system.
Well here is what we did for the t56. We used a stock 95 clutch master cylinder that has the reservoir built with it. We used the hard line from the 95 annd cut the end off that goes into the slave cylinder.Since we used a 2001 t56 we had to get the hardline welded with the hydraulic throw out bearing fitting. I will tell my brother to get some pics. The pedal feel is great and works flawlessly. As for the pedal it was a bolt on. The clutch master cylinder comes with the pushrod that goes to the pedal. Anymore questions I would be glad to answer them.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Staging Lane

nice truck! looks and sounds killer! loving the wheels and it sits perfect!
Old 01-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Staging Lane

Smile

530sx, I couldn't agree more, very sweet truck.

dgcustomz, thanks for the answer(s). I am going parts hunting this weekend now for sure! I am thinking about hybriding the line from the stock master to the LT1 slave cylinder and using an adapter flywheel for a big block in a stock bell housing.

Thanks for taking the truck off the 22's!

Now maybe a 454 LSX motor to go with the decals? LOL!
Old 01-22-2010, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nice Job!

Still a great looking truck. Do you intend to reinstall the inner fenders up front? Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Looks absolutely beautiful! and sounds spectacular. Great build!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1GMCTruck
Still a great looking truck. Do you intend to reinstall the inner fenders up front? Thanks for sharing.
I think we are but only because we might be going with air ride technologies air ride system, but they won't be the stock inner fenders.
Originally Posted by thirdgengta350
Looks absolutely beautiful! and sounds spectacular. Great build!
Thank you sir!
Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

a lot like the LS powered 454SS I just sold....very cool...T56 would have made mine MUCH cooler