Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do i fix the KR on my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i fix the KR on my car

I just tuned the LTFR on my car and then i started doing the WOT tuning. Well at about 4600 rpm im getting a little bit of KR. How do i fix this? The KR was at .59 which i dont know if that is a lot or just a little bit but how do i fix it? Do i need to retard the ignition by one or or more?

Thanks to anyone that helps
Old 01-28-2010, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

lurking.......
Old 01-28-2010, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS12Fast4U
I just tuned the LTFR on my car and then i started doing the WOT tuning. Well at about 4600 rpm im getting a little bit of KR. How do i fix this? The KR was at .59 which i dont know if that is a lot or just a little bit but how do i fix it? Do i need to retard the ignition by one or or more?

Thanks to anyone that helps
Perhaps a little more information might help. I assume you mean LTFT's..Not sure what LTFR is..

But anyway, what tuning software are you are? I.E. how do you know the amount of KR? Really, .59 in of itself is not that much..but might help to post up your AFR and spark for that area.

With KR, you always have to ask yourself, is it real? Do you hear your engine pinging at all? I usually back off my spark ~2 degrees if I think the KR is legitimate.

Give us a little more information, and I am sure we can help.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 01-28-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry i was typing off my phone guys. I meant to say i got my LTFT at 0. Now the KR does seem to be real. I cant here it but its pretty consistent in the same rpm range. As for the spark at that rpm i dont know. I logged over my graph by accident. Im using a diablosport predator. Not the best but its what i can afford.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:28 AM
Launching!

Smile

Then about the only thing you can do,

Is reflash the stock tune in or a different (lower) tune level if the hand-held offers that.
Then monitor for KR again. This would at least prove if the KR is ignition advance related.