Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

MGW Shifter Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default MGW Shifter Experience

Im a newb to Fbodys but not a newb to aftermarket shifters. I was in the market for a shifter for my M6 and was really leaning towards a Pro 5.0 as I have had such good luck with them in Mustangs I have had in the past. I paid attention to posts in this forum in regards to noise and notchyness. I figured I would give the MGW shifter a shot. It came to my doorstep not very long after ordering and upon opening the box I too was suprised at how complete the kit was! Right down to the complementary tube of RTV sealant. Installation was a snap but I will post a few tips that I found with the install.
1. slid the stock shifter stick back on the oem shifter plate to break the seal for OEM removal.
2. If you are running a Hurst Cue/8ball style **** thread the **** onto the stick till tight and re-adjust the stick placement prior to putting car all back together.
3. Take your time.

After getting the car all together it felt different at first just due to the difference in muscle memory in regards to the stick location for each gear.
This shifter has the best balance between tightness and smoothness. I highly recommend this shifter and this company!
Plus they are a military friendly company!

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter Experience