Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Straight Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Straight Pipes?

I'm going to be running long tube headers and the exhaust shop that is doing my true dual system wants to do straight pipes dumped before the axle. I plan on running either single chamber flowmasters or sweet thunder mufflers. What I want to know is, do I need a merger pipe like an X or an H pipe? Will there be a signifigant sound difference? I am not as concerned about horse power as I am with sound. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I'm going to be running long tube headers and the exhaust shop that is doing my true dual system wants to do straight pipes dumped before the axle. I plan on running either single chamber flowmasters or sweet thunder mufflers. What I want to know is, do I need a merger pipe like an X or an H pipe? Will there be a signifigant sound difference? I am not as concerned about horse power as I am with sound. Let me know what you guys think.
i run the TSP duals (x pipe merger) with power stick mufflers (similar to sweet thunders) it is unGodly loud
Old 02-16-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by nevrlift13
i run the TSP duals (x pipe merger) with power stick mufflers (similar to sweet thunders) it is unGodly loud
Don't the Texas Speed duals come with the choice of sweet thunder, dynomax bullets or spiral flows? What's the difference between sweet thunder and powersticks?