Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My Really Lowered V

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Really Lowered V

Here Ya Go! All Comments Welcomed
Attached Thumbnails My Really Lowered V-.3.jpg   My Really Lowered V-.2.jpg   My Really Lowered V-..2.jpg   My Really Lowered V-..3.jpg   My Really Lowered V-...2.jpg  

Old 02-18-2010, 03:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

If it works for you,,, the speed bumps in my neighborhood would chew ya up and spit ya out. Just spent $300+ repairing my C6's front underside, no violent incidents just damage over about two years.

PS, no fat hotties or S-I-Ls in the back seat
Old 02-18-2010, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ferny
Here Ya Go! All Comments Welcomed
YEP, f'n sick. NOT PRACTICAL... BUT SICK!

And we can assume it drives like ****? What did you do to it?

Coilovers?

Does it drive like a leaning go-gart?

Originally Posted by onebadcad
If it works for you,,, the speed bumps in my neighborhood would chew ya up and spit ya out. Just spent $300+ repairing my C6's front underside, no violent incidents just damage over about two years.

PS, no fat hotties or S-I-Ls in the back seat

I wonder why they installed speed bumps...
Old 02-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500
Because, it prevented the sister-n-laws from riding in the 'back seat'
Old 02-18-2010, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

So have you actually measured the side skirts on the car to see if it is level? I am curious what the distance from the ground is right behind the front wheel and right in front of the rear wheel(to the side skirts).

The measurement that I have seen previously is from the top of the wheel wells which really isn't telling you if the car is level.

It just looks like it is sitting lower in the rear to me.
Old 02-18-2010, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had Ground Control all around but the rear was not low enough. So I cut 1 ½ coil off the stock rears and installed those again. I left GC on the front. Rear is pretty bumpy. But man does it turn heads everywhere I go. That and I’m running straight pipes with an X-pipe, so that lets them know I’m coming. Lol…the rear is lower. Fender to floor is 25 ½ in the front and 25 in the rear. I cannot go any lower in the front. Don’t wana leave my bumper on some dip. I might not leave it this low cuz I have a lil one on the way. Don’t wana give him shaken baby syndrome.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine's lower

looking good there ferny...
Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tony tone
mine's lower

looking good there ferny...
i envy your car Tony! dont rub it in my face.. .lol....thanks bro
Old 02-18-2010, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol... so you planning on getting wheels for this or what?
Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Resident

Have fun with the slightest of dips in the road!
haha jk

Looks great!
Old 02-18-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol... so you planning on getting wheels for this or what?
yes sir! i wanted black 20's. but i might be going with an aluminum rim, like yours. love that look. very classy. very expensive too. i got a call from stasse forged rims talking about sponsoring me but they dont even have a website .......so im not sure if i want to go that route. he quoted me 3400 for 20's. just rims. three piece. what do you think?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would need to see them. that's a very good price to be honest, but if they look like *** then it means nothing, lol.

i have a few connections at some good places. PM me if you want some help. I can help make your **** look as aggressive as possible.

edit: found some of their pics

not bad at all... that carbon fiber 5 spoke would like ridiculous on your car, tucking so eloquently. you can go 20x8.5 and 20x10.5 with a 285/25 in the rear, 245/30 in the front. i'd roll your fenders though, but if you don't want to you can go x10 with a 275.

Last edited by tony tone; 02-18-2010 at 08:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just curious, can you even get that thing on an alignment rack? I know theres one shop by me that is just ground level and the tech works in a pit...pricey though.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SilveradoSS500

Small, gated community of about 160 homes with lots of kids. I moved there in 2000 and there were none. I got my Caddy in 2004 and the bumps were put in shortly thereafter. These are big/high, my mom gets dizzy when she is in my car. The HOA Prez is not a fan of either one of my cars, and I am not allowed to kick his **** as he is an octogenarian. On the day I move out, I am going to roast both car's tires in front of his house!
Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nikon
Just curious, can you even get that thing on an alignment rack? I know theres one shop by me that is just ground level and the tech works in a pit...pricey though.
i did. although, there was about 15 feet of 2x4s and plywood laid out in front of it so i could make it up, so much that the rear end of my car was sticking out of the shop when starting to go up the ramp.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

i would need to see them. that's a very good price to be honest, but if they look like *** then it means nothing, lol.

i have a few connections at some good places. PM me if you want some help. I can help make your **** look as aggressive as possible.

edit: found some of their pics

not bad at all... that carbon fiber 5 spoke would like ridiculous on your car, tucking so eloquently. you can go 20x8.5 and 20x10.5 with a 285/25 in the rear, 245/30 in the front. i'd roll your fenders though, but if you don't want to you can go x10 with a 275.
yep! thats them! CF would be killer on a platinum V. i just dont know if i should do that with a lil one on the way. i got a call from stasse yesterday. i really want the wheels. they look good quality to me. you had to have broke alot of bread for your set up
Old 02-19-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yep! thats them! CF would be killer on a platinum V. i just dont know if i should do that with a lil one on the way. i got a call from stasse yesterday. i really want the wheels. they look good quality to me. you had to have broke alot of bread for your set up
i think i've mentioned once or twice what i've put in to it in just suspension and wheels/tires, but the outcome is always worth it. the only negative thing that's been said about my car was that some think it's too low (lol @ this thread), but that's what gives it the stance that it has on these wheels while still retaining driveability.

what sizing are they suggesting for your car? what kind of tires? that CF would look so sick with the color of your car.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

i think i've mentioned once or twice what i've put in to it in just suspension and wheels/tires, but the outcome is always worth it. the only negative thing that's been said about my car was that some think it's too low (lol @ this thread), but that's what gives it the stance that it has on these wheels while still retaining driveability.

what sizing are they suggesting for your car? what kind of tires? that CF would look so sick with the color of your car.
they are suggesting 20's. they said i can take care of the tires. so i would imagine that i would have to go with the smallest tire available. or raise it up just a tad.

can anybody photoshop those CF rims on my ride and convince me to buy them lol
Old 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

CF! do it!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they are suggesting 20's. they said i can take care of the tires. so i would imagine that i would have to go with the smallest tire available. or raise it up just a tad.

can anybody photoshop those CF rims on my ride and convince me to buy them lol
oh i'm certain 20s, but what widths/offsets? they should know the measurements of every car out there to properly size them for you and the stance you're looking for, even if you have to roll in some fenders.

as far as tires, you can do the following and be okay

Front: 245/30/20
Rear: 285/25/20

i would suggest Nittos.

Quick Reply: My Really Lowered V