Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

projector headlights with HID bulb, any problem mounting???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default projector headlights with HID bulb, any problem mounting???

for those of you who have projector headlights with HID's, did you have any problems mounting the low beam hid bulb onto the projector?

im thinking of getting some projector headlights and i currently have some HID's and i want to make sure the low beam HID will mount up to the projector socket with no hassle
Old 02-28-2010, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the sonar projectors with a DDM tuning hid kit.
the projectors wouldn't take the bulb in all the way since the notching was setup differently. all i had to do was CAREFULLY cut a notch into the hid bulb's plastic base (so it lines up with the metal notch on the projector) and it slid in all the way. some people just let the bulb not seat all the way, but i found it gives less light when it isn't fully seated.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I didn't have to do that to mine... it was a tad off when I put it in the projector, but once it was in almost all the way the bulb could rotate ever so slightly which allowed it to fully seat. No trimming needed.

I have a Xentec kit though, not DDM tuning. Maybe their bulbs are made just slightly differently.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
I didn't have to do that to mine... it was a tad off when I put it in the projector, but once it was in almost all the way the bulb could rotate ever so slightly which allowed it to fully seat. No trimming needed.

I have a Xentec kit though, not DDM tuning. Maybe their bulbs are made just slightly differently.
this is what i came across...

on this, i could not rotate the base independent of the bulb.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

im about to buy the CCFL black projector headlights and i already purchased an HID kit. This was one of my main concerns if major modification was required or if it was very minimal. My buddy just got one of these CCFL black projectors for his Cobalt and only had to adjust the bulb a bit so the light could projected perfectly and not get a small/short beam.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO

also the kit that i bout and waiting for delivery is also a Xentec kit :-)

Quick Reply: projector headlights with HID bulb, any problem mounting???