Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Help with a Pro Shifter 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with a Pro Shifter 5.0

I just installed my 5.0 in my 95 LT1 T56. I adjusted the screws that control the shift length, but the car kept popping out of gear. Now I have adjusted it so loose that its not even a short throw anymore, which irritates me because I dropped a good amount of money on this shifter. I have driven cars like mine with the same shifter and they short shift with no problem. Any suggestions or does anyone know whats goin on?
Old 02-26-2010, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

First things first is to know what your doing, which I guess you don't...The "screws that control the shift length" don't adjust anything. All they do is stop it from going to far so you don't break a shift fork when slamming the gears hard.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:21 PM

ok well it wouldnt shift into 1st 3rd or 5th and i moved the screw back and it shifted into those gears, but the shifts were longer.....therefore not making it a short shifter and making it pointless
Old 02-26-2010, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

First off, its not pointless, its not sloppy and its more precise. Second, Not even Pro 5.0 market it as a "short shifter." What will change the distance will be the length of the stick. Thats why they have shorter sticks! Shift holding it at the top, then shift holding it down low. See what I mean? Also, the Pro 5.0 isn't that great in my opinion any way. If you want a good shifter, get the MGW.