Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Help! Rear alignment issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Help! Rear alignment issues

Here's my set-up: Recently installed Granatelli lowering springs, Bilsteins all around, BMR boxed lower control arms, bolt-on relocation brackets, BMR adjustible panhard bar and Suspenion techniques heavy duty front anti-sway bar.

Here's my problem(s): The left rear tire is about 1/2 inch to the wheel well while the right rear is about twice that. When I turn hard to the right I can hear what sounds like the rear left tire rubbing on something. Perhaps the panhard bar might have something to do with it but i thought the panhard bar was strictly a lateral movement thing. Perhaps the lower control arm relocation brackets might be causing the rear axle to be off-kilter? Or perhaps both are contributing to the problem? At times the car doesn't seem to "track" front to rear properly. Any thoughts?
Old 12-29-2003, 05:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The PHB IS the component that keeps the diff aligned laterally. And it reads like it's mis adjusted.

If the driver's side tire is rubbing the outer fender, then the bar is too long. You need to shorten it to move the diff underneath the car.