Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Engine / Engine bay / Powdercoat V 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine / Engine bay / Powdercoat V 2.0

Well, the fist and second time I had the K-member out of the car I didn't take the time to do things right. So I've decided to try my best this time around.

In July 2009 I hurt the motor racing one of my buddys' Mustang. Put the car away and started the tear down in December.

K-member coming out

The fun starts

The old

Headed to Livernois Motorsports to get the shortblock redone

While I was there I disassembled the heads and cleaned them. (No, you can't do that. I used to work there.)

While waiting on the shortblock at Livernois I decided to paint the engine bay. The rebuild of the short block ended up being a lot more than I had budgeted so I had to keep this cheap. The follow was done with little to no paint experience and about $30 in rattle can primer, paint and clear coat. Along with lots of hard work sanding wet/dry. Don't mind the paint on the hose cover, that is being replaced.

Clear coat on. Still have to polish it. I was very happy with the results from doing it myself.

After finishing the engine bay I had the stock valve covers powdercoated gloss black, along with the front timing cover.

I also painted the coils black, clear coated the brackets and replaced the hardware with stainless.

Got the shortblock back from Livernois. Now running Diamond pistons, Mahle rods, Calley Crank. 404CID. Painted the block gloss black.

Oil pan gloss black to match

Cam, timing gear/chain, oil pump and front cover on.

Also painted the Powerbond pulley gloss black, same with the stock waterpump, and got a brand new Alternator.

The car took all my money, so these camera phone pictures will have to do for now. I have the shortblock bolted to the K-Member now. I will get more pictures this weekend. Waiting on head gaskets from Cometic.

Here is a video from last year. First race was a turbo import something, second was a C6 vette on a 225 shot.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/Hustler_170103.htm
Old 03-02-2010, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

Engine bay looks great along with everything else you've done. Great work
Old 03-02-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

killer. wanna see it with the top end and then between the humps

Quick Reply: Engine / Engine bay / Powdercoat V 2.0