Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch company customer service who's the best/worst

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 12:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Clutch company customer service who's the best/worst

I would like to hear some of the good and bad stories on customer service issues that people have had. I have read several instances that were bad on spec cluches. People having problems only to be told it was an install issue.I personally havent owned a spec clutch or dealt with them. I have had a ram that I was pleased with until the center cracked on the disk. I called them up and asked if there was a reason for the failure. They said my trans wasn't indexed correctly. I explained everything was oem but the clutch and master cylinder.Three clutches later no more broken discs.
Installed a hays drove it for a while then changed motors. All in all a good setup for lower hp applications. Went to a stroker motor just wasnt enough clutch. Opted to go to a Mcleod twin. Just so happened the plug in my crank leaked and saturated it with oil so I sent it off for a rebuild. $400 later I start having issues with it dragging at high rpms. Since then I have been on the phone with mcleod at least 10 times and tried everything they have suggested with no luck. I am unsure what the issues are but I have pulled this setup 6 times now to adjust for this and that and had no success. This last time I called I asked if they could fix my issue and they want me to pay shipping both ways plus pay for them to set up my clutch. To me this should be included in the rebuild price and not something I should pay for after having problems with their product.

Anyways if anyone has had good or bad luck with and company providing customer service please chime in. Your input is going to make my decision on my next clutch purchase.
Sorry so long
Thanks in advance
..RJ..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have personally worked with Monster Clutches (currently have a stage III in my SS), I also used to own a nitrous + full bolt on 97 Cobra, had a Spec in that and had very favorable dealings with them as well.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

i bought a flywheel *bullydog* on ebay* iknow i know iknow* and it turned out it was a **** flywheel...but i back it with a spec stage2 clutch..and i had issues with slippage..so i pulled the combo and there were blue heat marks all the way through it..and my clutch was fkd up..i called both places and they blamed each other as well as my instillation..finally SPEC steped up and we worked out a deal and i got a new flywheel from them balanced to match the rebuilt clutch pkg and i was golden...so SPEC is A++++in customer service in my book...but i also hear nothing but great things about Monster as well..
Old 03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Resident

Monster FTW! I should know....i have a very bumpy begining; Steve stood by his product and backed it up, even made it worth my while. NO other clutch company would have came close. Period.
Monster-Best customer service EVER.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

Yea Monster FTW! They some of the best customers service I have seen in the automotive industry, they back up all their products.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive got a Monster stg3 in my SS now. So far so good. Seemed like really nice people to deal with on the phone.

I had a spec and it worked well until I found out that my input shaft was loose and causing the clutch to engaged ****-eyed. Not specs fault at all. My installer didnt see the issue and he cost me a expensive clutch.

Not to be a *** but I am sure everyone has had there goods and bads with sponsors on this site and I understand that **** happens but if it wasnt for our sponsors on here we wouldnt have this site. Hopefully this thread doesnt get outta hand.

Plus one for Monster, Spec....
Old 03-03-2010, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the info. I am not trying to start anything amongst sponsors or companies. I am mainly intrested in un biased input. If you search for clutch reviews after reading through all of the praise or cut downs you find out that the person writing the review is now sponsored by the company they are writing the review about or experienced bad customer support. This was meant towards customer support opinions. I dont care who you are or what your company builds, people are going to make mistakes. If not they aren't pushing the envelope. My focus is on how well those mistakes are fixed. That to me makes the difference between a good company and a great one.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM
TECH Resident

Like when Monster re-called their bad batch of PP plates?
I was one of these. Steve more than took care of my problem...like i said. IMO NO other clutch company would have done this.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always said; It's not just the products or the people in your company, it's the way the products and the people in your company perform. In a time where internet sales and educated buyers are rampant, customer service is king. We here at Monster Clutch Co. stand by this statement, our products, and our customers. It's our promise to you that the $700+ you are investing in us will be stood behind and will function exactly like we tell you, period.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

and to reiterate it once again, Monster by far has the best customer service. i dont like to deal with spec cause they play the blame game, and GMPP is to full of themselves to care. so i think u got ur answer

Quick Reply: Clutch company customer service who's the best/worst