General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Bloomfield Compressor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 05:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bloomfield Compressor?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-99...Q5fAccessories

Anyone have any experience with it? I remember one guy in a thread I posted a while back said he's had a good experience with their rebuilt compressor.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Anyone?
Old 03-08-2010, 11:26 PM
Staging Lane

Well I will say they have excellent feedback. But the problem is the warranty on the compressor. I don't know if you plan on installing this yourself or what, but if a certified mechanic doesn't install it = no warranty!

If you are having a mechanic install it then you are good on the warranty, but if it breaks you will have big labor costs. Air conditioning systems are expensive to work on. If this damn thing breaks down you would be paying labor twice. I would just buy an AC Delco and forget about it.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris97z
Well I will say they have excellent feedback. But the problem is the warranty on the compressor. I don't know if you plan on installing this yourself or what, but if a certified mechanic doesn't install it = no warranty!

If you are having a mechanic install it then you are good on the warranty, but if it breaks you will have big labor costs. Air conditioning systems are expensive to work on. If this damn thing breaks down you would be paying labor twice. I would just buy an AC Delco and forget about it.
I'm going to have a guy from tech do it. I think he's a BMW mechanic or something. I also might get a new compressor from these guys:

http://www.apeautoparts.com/
Old 03-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Shackleford
I'm going to have a guy from tech do it. I think he's a BMW mechanic or something. I also might get a new compressor from these guys:

http://www.apeautoparts.com/

I dont know anything about that site personally. I know the AC Delco/Delphi ones are like $500. Thats a lot of money to drop on a compressor I know. If you do end up getting a reman I would hope for the best and get a warranty.