Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel line questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default fuel line questions

I currently have a fuel cell, but want my trunk back and was able to pick up a barely used sumped tank for $50

It sounds like it is recomended that you use as much hard line as possible (I plan on aluminum) and need to see if I have the right idea.

Do I use these
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS/JEGS-Hard...56885/10002/-1

to connect to the cutt off 3/8 line coming from the sending unit to use as a return (looks like I will be using a truck manifold with regulator in fuel rail), and have have the 5/16 line run all the way up to the engine bay, then use braided stainless to go to the rail and use these
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RUS-640863/

My other question is, is there a reason why I should not bend the aluminum supply line around the tank and hook it up directly to the sump instead of using braided line? I plan on trying to use all hard aluminum from the sump all the way up to the engine bay also (with a filter and pump in between of course).

Just wondering if there are better ways to do this, as this seems like with the pump, filter, lines and fittings will easily be over $300

am I making any sense? been reading a lot about this for the least couple of days and my head is swimming......
Old 03-07-2010, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

I think the idea is to have anything subjected to vibration on flexible line, ie motor, pump....maybe even the tank. I did tank to pump rubber, pump to regulator braided, then regulator to aluminum hardline with a short braided hose. Hardline to fuel rail with braided again.
The compression or O ring fittings do have a pressure rating, and on the suction side should be a non issue. I would make sure the hard line that fitting is going on is very clean.
Old 03-08-2010, 05:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah, fuel system parts add up quick.

I used those same tube to AN adapters. They are pretty fool proof. Just know once you put them on you will need to cut them off. So lay it out right the first time.

I like running as much hard line as possible. But you are going to want some flex line to allow getting the tank in and out without moving hard line. Aluminum line will crack if it is allows to repeatedly flex, so make sure what hard line you have is solidly mounted.

Quick Reply: fuel line questions