New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Longtubes and o2 question???

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Longtubes and o2 question???

Ok guy im a newb around here i just bought a 98 TA with 47000 miles on her in mint shape,it has pacesetter longtubes 3''y pipe and 3'' hooker catback, slp intake,b&m short throw,and a computer tune! Now my question is the guy that i bought it from said it had a o2 delete done when they programed the ecu but i still get a bank 1&2 lean code,the rears arent hooked up but the front are!Could that be causing the cel light? Any help would be app,i need to get inspection done and cant with the light on!Thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

fronts could be bad. mine went bad immediately after i had my exhaust done.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If it's bank 1 & 2 Sensors 1 then that's the front o2's. If it's showing lean on those sensor's then that means your running 2 lean. You may need to adj the fuel to air ratio a little to get that straighten the problem out. Now if your getting a SES light and the code is for Bank 1 & 2 Sensors 2 then your rear sensors aren't tuned out. Hope this helps.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the help guys the ses light was on and we scanned the car and said it was the front o2's,so did the tune raise the af ratio? Or could the o2's just be shot? Will it hurt to drive the car this? It still makes **** tons of power!
Old 03-08-2010, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts

When you install brand new Headers and run them with the O2's installed you will kill the Sensors..the coating on the inside burns off. It's a good idea when you install Headers to run the car without the O2's for a little bit so the **** on the inside can burn off.

I lost a pair of Sensors this way, maybe the same thing that happened to yours.