Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2nd gen S-Series seats in a 98 Z28?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 05:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2nd gen S-Series seats in a 98 Z28?

I suppose this is possible given the right brackets. Any thoughts on this? I know it sounds weird to put truck seats in a Camaro but the stock seats suck IMO and my wife has a 02 Sonoma which is very comfortable and my mom has a 99 Blazer with leather seats and I like those seats even more (I think they are identical but they're leather). Anybody know any good online junkyards for 2nd gen S-Series seats?

Also what does 60/40 or 60-40 mean?

This is way down the road for me but I like to think ahead.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:26 PM
SSU Moderator

usually 60/40 means 60/40-split-bench. Which means the bench seat splits 60% and 40% with each section able to fold and slide independently of each other (the 60 can move w/o the 40). If thats the case, I don't see how a bench will ever fit. But I could have sworn the nice seats in blazers and s-10's were indiviual seats. If thats correct...find one and try it. I seriously doubt anyone has before.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RyanJ
usually 60/40 means 60/40-split-bench. Which means the bench seat splits 60% and 40% with each section able to fold and slide independently of each other (the 60 can move w/o the 40). If thats the case, I don't see how a bench will ever fit. But I could have sworn the nice seats in blazers and s-10's were indiviual seats. If thats correct...find one and try it. I seriously doubt anyone has before.
Oh ok. The seats I'm talking about are bucket seats then and not 60/40. My wife's Sonoma and my mom's blazer have bucket seats. I just wondered what that meant since I saw it when I tried searching for S-Series seats.

Edit: Actually I just looked and while they mostly look like bucket seats and are separate, it is actually a split bench so that's no good. I don't think it's like that in my mom's Blazer since she has a center console but I don't know.

My wife's Sonoma seats:

Last edited by SuperDave479; 12-30-2003 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-30-2003, 06:11 PM
TECH Regular

Ah, this is what I'm talking about.

Old 12-30-2003, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'd have to get 2 door Blazer seats so the seats can pivot for rear access so you can't get 4 door seats. Problem here is the 2 door Blazer seats SUCK since the handles break on them all the time. The reclining handle is what breaks. I have them in my ZR2 Blazer and have broken both handles. Plus I think they are awful seats for comfort. Have you tried the Trans Am seats? I know my TA seats are much more comfortable than my ZR2 seats. Many have switched out the Camaro seats for TA seats and felt they were better for comfort. I have Recaros now but only because I changed my Taupe interior to ebony. I miss my stock TA seats.
Old 01-01-2004, 10:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rodent
You'd have to get 2 door Blazer seats so the seats can pivot for rear access so you can't get 4 door seats. Problem here is the 2 door Blazer seats SUCK since the handles break on them all the time. The reclining handle is what breaks. I have them in my ZR2 Blazer and have broken both handles. Plus I think they are awful seats for comfort. Have you tried the Trans Am seats? I know my TA seats are much more comfortable than my ZR2 seats. Many have switched out the Camaro seats for TA seats and felt they were better for comfort. I have Recaros now but only because I changed my Taupe interior to ebony. I miss my stock TA seats.
Well I've tried sitting in a T/A and I thought they were more comfortable than the Camaro seats but not near as comfortable as the seats in the Sonoma and Blazer. Hmm..

How can you tell the difference between the 2-door and 4-door Blazer seats? Do the 2-door Blazer seats have those push levers on the back so you can get out where the 4-door Blazer seats don't?
Old 01-02-2004, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

yep, thats what Rodent was saying
the 4door seats dont have the lever on the back, to let them tilt forward
but the 2door seats do have them

also I can testify that the handles on the seats are cheap POS's
a friend of mine has broken a couple in his 99 S-10 with the bucket seats
Old 01-02-2004, 08:31 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by onyxxtreme
yep, thats what Rodent was saying
the 4door seats dont have the lever on the back, to let them tilt forward
but the 2door seats do have them

also I can testify that the handles on the seats are cheap POS's
a friend of mine has broken a couple in his 99 S-10 with the bucket seats
Yeah I'm aware. I saw this in the S-Series forum.

"Attn anyone who broke a recline handle, or those who might.
Auto Zone now carries a replacement kit for all 2nd gen S-Series recline handles. Seems like a good fix from what I saw. Beats paying the dealer. If this is a repost, mods just delete it.

Jay"

There's a guy on there willing to trade me his seats from his S10 Xtreme. I'm a little leary about this because I don't know what I have to do to get them working in my car. I suppose I just need to make a bracket. Wouldn't be too hard I think. Anybody know how to do that? As of yet I don't know if they're power (well the driver's side anyway). Would I be able to wire that into the wires in my Camaro?