Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...
View Poll Results: Which color combo is your personal favorite???
Black exterior w/ Black interior
24.07%
Black exterior w/ Tan interior
12.96%
Black exterior w/ Grey interior
1.85%
Silver exterior w/ Black interior
20.37%
Silver exterior w/ Grey interior
5.56%
Silver exterior w/ Tan interior
1.85%
Red exterior w/ Black interior
7.41%
Red exterior w/ Tan interior
11.11%
Red exterior w/ Grey interior
3.70%
Stealth Grey exterior w/ Black interior
9.26%
Stealth Grey exterior w/ Tan interior
1.85%
Stealth Grey exterior w/ Grey interior
0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

What is your favorite factory color combo on a V??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 04:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is your favorite factory color combo on a V??

I was thinking about this today and it seems a lot of people naturally have different opinions on this. Im curious to see what the majority prefers.

When i was looking for my car, I didnt care either way if the car i found was platinum silver or black as i like them equally but i wanted one or the other. I knew i didnt want red or stealth grey (just my preference). Interior wise, i really wanted black but came across a deal on a black V with Tan interior that i picked up. Im swapping to a complete black interior in 2 days and ill most likely be selling my tan interior. Black on black is my personal favorite and looks KILLER when detailed but platinum silver on black is really nice too and is definitely easier to keep clean.

Anyway, post yalls preference...
Old 03-16-2010, 05:55 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

When you switch to black interior, it looks awesome with the A pillars, B pillars and 1/4 sails black also. I have pics but can't upload them from my phone. I'll try to post them tomorrow.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:37 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, i plan to swap from my complete tan interior to the black seats, carpet and console but the headliner, a-pillars, b-pillars and 1/4 sails are all grey from the factory even with black interior. I planned to do black suade over all of those areas eventually.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:46 PM

Always a fan of black on black, but mine is black/tan and it's really growing on me. I think black/black is more sporty look, black/tan more luxury. 50/50

No doubt Black exterior is top choice (last 8 vehicles i've owner were black)
Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 PM
-T-
TECH Enthusiast

I chose silver/black even though i have silver/tan. There is just something about a light exterior with dark interior that i love.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rabbit15
Always a fan of black on black, but mine is black/tan and it's really growing on me. I think black/black is more sporty look, black/tan more luxury. 50/50

No doubt Black exterior is top choice (last 8 vehicles i've owner were black)
See, thats exactly where i was when i bought my car but like you said, the Tan really began to grow on me. I still prefer black/black though for that straight vader look. lol Plus... black hides all the dirt and crap that tan would show clear as day.

But like you said, every color/combo has its up and down. And Black exterior FTW!!! lol
Old 03-16-2010, 06:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by -T-
I chose silver/black even though i have silver/tan. There is just something about a light exterior with dark interior that i love.
True. Thats the 2nd combo i would have gone with. I love silver on black as well.

Its cool how everyone has a different style. Some like black/black, some prefer a light color exterior with dark interior and some prefer the opposite. I figured the black/tan combo would be the most hated but it seems to have a lot of fans ive noticed since i bought mine.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had to have black black. I actually turned down a car that had 10K miles less that had tan interior for the same price.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 PM
TECH Regular

All CTS Vs are red. The rest are mistakes
Old 03-16-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
Then how come the black ones are the fastest? lol

I love the silver with black exterior but wound up with black/tan haha just a little different. The tan has grown on me a lot actually and since mine has black door panels its definetly more bearable. I threw some black V floor mats in it and its gotten even better.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
See, thats exactly where i was when i bought my car but like you said, the Tan really began to grow on me. I still prefer black/black though for that straight vader look. lol Plus... black hides all the dirt and crap that tan would show clear as day.

But like you said, every color/combo has its up and down. And Black exterior FTW!!! lol
Actually you would be very surprised and how clean and nice the tan interior stays. I doesn't show dust at all, which is the main thing that you have to worry about in a car like this. Hopefully you won't be getting your interior really muddy or dirty...

I have a black interior in my 2007 TBSS and it is way harder to keep looking good than my V's cashmere interior. I much prefer the light color after owning both.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am really glad I went with the Black with Tan interior.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

I agree with Tweeter, tan interior really doesnt show much dirt.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big Bu Bu
Never heard it put like that, but now that you say it........
Attached Thumbnails What is your favorite factory color combo on a V??-dscf1916.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Veteran

I have the black door panels as well. Only the center console, carpet and seats are tan in my car just like yalls. It does look pretty good since its mixed equally with both black and tan but i think ill like the solid black a little better.

I think its funny noone liked the tan until they got it and then it grew on everyone... lol
Old 03-16-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol, it was buy a almostmint black/tan for 24k........or wait and travel for one, and im not very patient lol. Glad I bought it now and thought about picking up the black interior to swap but its just too much for something i dont need.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by itsslow98
lol, it was buy a almostmint black/tan for 24k........or wait and travel for one, and im not very patient lol. Glad I bought it now and thought about picking up the black interior to swap but its just too much for something i dont need.
Lol! That was my issue. Had to have it now, price was right and it was the color i wanted on the outside.

And yeah, thats true. I figured it would cost me big money to do the swap but kinda fell into my deal so im not complaining. Its not costing me much to do the swap so its worth it for me.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:18 AM
Launching!

I would have loved black on black for the same reasons. I found a really good deal on a black with grey. It really grew on me for the same/opposite reason as above...dark exterior with light interior. The black and grey on the inside is a very nice combination. There is only one thing that I have thought about chaning over to black and that is the center console. That way it would be grey carpet, grey seats and headliner, black carpet floor mats, black dash, black center console.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:42 AM
TECH Resident

I think the Red on Black combo has taken my number 1 spot. I personally own a black on black, but I've lost a lot of liking for the color combo 3 minutes after washing it. I can't keep it clean for longer than that.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here are a couple pics.
Attached Thumbnails What is your favorite factory color combo on a V??-post.jpg   What is your favorite factory color combo on a V??-b-post.jpg   What is your favorite factory color combo on a V??-quarter-sail.jpg  

Quick Reply: What is your favorite factory color combo on a V??