Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm for 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pcm for 5.3

I am putting a 5.3 in my nova and I am wondering if I can get any pcm from an ls based vehicle or can I use the trucks pcm and run an ls1 wiring harness?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

What style throttle control do you want to run? Cable or Electronic?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Cable
Old 03-17-2010, 07:35 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

The 99-02 Trucks used a cable driven throttlebody. The 03+up use fly by wire. The 99-02 pcms are easily identifiable with the designators RED and BLUE on their connectors.

Are you planning on running an car style intake?

The truck harness can be cleaned up to look nicer-(untouched, wires will lay over intake) but will work if you stay with a 99-02 donor harness.

Doc

Just re-read your post. Any 99-02 Fbody LS1 harness will work as well. NO VETTEs all fly by wire as well.

Last edited by Doc; 03-17-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Re-read post
Old 03-17-2010, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Lol good point pretty vague on my part sorry yes I have an ls1 intake fuel rail and injectors I want to use a car harness because I heard it is easier to use I am going to use the throttle. Body off of the truck intake so I can do a wire setup (i am able to do this with the ls1 intake correct?) So do I have to use a truck pcm with a truck harness or can you mix and match and also since I am using the ls1 intake don't I have to use a car harness? Thank you in advance for my newbie confusing post and questions
Old 03-18-2010, 05:38 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

I would not recommend using the truck throttlebody in this application. We have had a few LSx transplant vehicles have issues running a car style intake with the truck TB. It has to do with the geomtry of the spring /rate & cable alignment with regard to the torque converter going in and out of lockup under light load cruising-very annoying to say the least. A car style TB cured this issue.

You can use any 99-02 pcm, same hardware essentially. Just send in your pcm to us for a mail order tune to setup the software.

What is / are your ultimate goals for the car?
Old 03-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Teching In

My goal is to have her back as my dd but still have some good HP I got tired of the big cam and heads and the old technology the new engine will be s lot more tame HP for HP and don't get me wrong I still want it to have some ***** but I figure in a 3000 lb car even if I left the engine untouched it should still put down some good numbers as the track any advise and can you pm me about your mail order tune and can I use any pcm with a car style harness or does it have to be a car pcm
Originally Posted by Doc
I would not recommend using the truck throttlebody in this application. We have had a few LSx transplant vehicles have issues running a car style intake with the truck TB. It has to do with the geomtry of the spring /rate & cable alignment with regard to the torque converter going in and out of lockup under light load cruising-very annoying to say the least. A car style TB cured this issue.

You can use any 99-02 pcm, same hardware essentially. Just send in your pcm to us for a mail order tune to setup the software.

What is / are your ultimate goals for the car?