Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SFCs on a creaky car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFCs on a creaky car?

Is it a bad idea to put SFCs on a car that may be slightly twisted already? There's no obvious damage, but the doors/windows have a bit of gapping, and the t-tops have started to creak a bit lately. I don't want to weld in subframe connectors and "lock" the car in a twisted shape. Hope that makes sense.

Amanda
Old 03-25-2010, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

Don't know that you'll have much of a choice. If it's already "slightly" tweaked, then it's certainly not going to get any better by NOT installing them. Not installing them would only make the problem worse over time. As far as I know, there's not much to do to correct the issue, so I would go ahead and tie it up where it's at.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:21 PM
TECH Regular

We've got an amazing front end and frame shop in town that straightened out my ex-boyfriend's car for him. Unfortunately it costs at least $1500 for them to do it, so I'm REALLY hoping to avoid that.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
TECH Regular

Also, is it worth it to get the 3-point SFCs? Or do the regular ones do their job well enough to not bother stepping up to a 3-point?
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

without it being on a frame machine or taking measurements and knowing what the factory specs are, its really just a guessing game. like said the sfc's will prevent any more damage but won't undo what has been done. honestly, its really your choice on the 3 points. i'd steer away from them so if needed, i could run a dual dump setup and have plenty of room to tuck the pipes. the wolfe thru-floor connectors are nice especially if you are doing a bar/cage.