Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Temp. Sensor voltages

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2004, 10:42 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Temp. Sensor voltages

Need to know what the voltages are supposed to be. Bought 2 temp sensors and either they dont work or not getting any juice to the sensor. Anyone know what im supposed to read when i hook a volt meter up to the pigtail?
Old 01-03-2004, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

should be either 12v or 5v supply.. you would see that at all times, tells you the computer is powering the sensor.. but to check to se if the sensor is not bad, you need to measure its resistance, and that scale i do not have for you... but if its the same as the lt1 sensor and iat sensor, room temperature is around 2.2 kohm.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
should be either 12v or 5v supply.. you would see that at all times, tells you the computer is powering the sensor.. but to check to se if the sensor is not bad, you need to measure its resistance, and that scale i do not have for you... but if its the same as the lt1 sensor and iat sensor, room temperature is around 2.2 kohm.

Finally fixed it.. Went thru 2 sensors (one from NAPA and one from autozone) And those would not work.. Had to get one from a GM dealer(AC Delco). Works great now.