Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

car cover

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car cover

I'm looking for a new car cover for the SS. th last 2 i bought i went cheap on them and got the 40.00 wallmart ones. they fit fine and I would probably use them on a DD i dont care much about,but not on the SOM. the material is kinda rough and might scratch the clear on the car. I'm looking for something like what the porches come with. a soft thin layer car cover. anyone recommend anything out there?
I was looking into getting the Slp SS car cover($200.00),but thought i might be able to find something for a bit less around 100.00 or so. I've never seen the SLp covers in person. is the material pretty thin and safe of scratching the car?
Old 04-03-2010, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

storm weave from California Car Cover Company
Old 04-03-2010, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been looking at the coverking stretch satin. However it is "not water resistant and will fade it left in extended sun". It claims to be their softest cover and is really an indoor cover.

I already have the SLP cover. I have left it on and parked in the garage but with traffic and opening/closing of the garage and occasional wind with the particles in the air still get under the SLP cover somehow causing light swirls in the paint. Mind you, this is with the car swirl free and washed before covering with the SLP cover. My thoughts are to purchase the coverking cover and layer it underneath the SLP cover.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

the car sits in the garage. i just want a cover to avoid dust.just got a new paint on the car so i want to keep it looking good.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pir7tr
I have been looking at the coverking stretch satin. However it is "not water resistant and will fade it left in extended sun". It claims to be their softest cover and is really an indoor cover. I already have the SLP cover. I have left it on and parked in the garage but with traffic and opening/closing of the garage and occasional wind with the particles in the air still get under the SLP cover somehow causing light swirls in the paint. Mind you, this is with the car swirl free and washed before covering with the SLP cover. My thoughts are to purchase the coverking cover and layer it underneath the SLP cover.
Excellent idea, I have the coverking, it is the softest cover I have owned in 3 covers, I own an SLP cause it came with the car, I owned a calf cover in the stormweave it was nice but not as soft. When my car is stored over the winter I put my SLP cover over the CC cover to keep the dust off of it. A vendor on this site had a deal on these covers too...FWIW the SLP cover is a plastic coated vinyl fabric, its not hard but really not soft, I found scratch marks on my bumper from the elastic seamed area where it was scratching before I got the cc.
Attached Thumbnails car cover-sps-014.jpg   car cover-ls1-011.jpg   car cover-umisfc11-3-7-014.jpg  

Last edited by 99'CajunFirehawk157; 04-04-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

i was gonna say what about the SLP car covers
Old 04-04-2010, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Excellent idea, I have the coverking, it is the softest cover I have owned in 3 covers, I own an SLP cause it came with the car, I owned a calf cover in the stormweave it was nice but not as soft. When my car is stored over the winter I put my SLP cover over the CC cover to keep the dust off of it. A vendor on this site had a deal on these covers too...FWIW the SLP cover is a plastic coated vinyl fabric, its not hard but really not soft, I found scratch marks on my bumper from the elastic seamed area where it was scratching before I got the cc.
which one is the coverking? the red one?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

coverking=red, cal cover=middle pic, slp=3rd pic