Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My email to monsoon.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My email to monsoon.

A couple of weeks ago, I emailed monsoon regarding the speaker issues most of us are having. Many of us just want to have "good sound". And at one time or another, the monsoon provided that for us. Until our speakers started blowing . Let's face it, the monsoon is a decent system (for us moderates at least!)- But with crap speakers. This wouldn't be such an issue if we could just buy after market speakers and replace the crappy ones. Instead we have to bypass the amp, rewire the car, etc, etc. They should at least give us an explanation. Anyway, my first email went unanswered and now I followed up with this one. I don't expect an answer back, but hopefully they will. Am I over-reacting? We all have spent a good chunk of change for our cars. We should at least get quality in return. If some of you are as upset as myself, I encourage you to voice your opinion towards monsoon at their website www.monsoon.com.

Let me know what you think:

Dear Monsoon: Unfortunately, not all of the feedback from your customers will be positive. My first email to monsoon contained some questions and concerns regarding the quality of the speakers in my 2000 Camaro. Apparently, there are many other Camaro/Firebird owners with the same speaker quality issues (blown/distorted speakers without abuse and or modifications). Unfortunately, my questions and comments went unanswered. Hopefully monsoon is aware of these issues and have made adjustments accordingly. I understand that speakers are "wear" items and that eventually they will go bad but, my vehicle is only a 2000 and many others are 2001s and 2002s. The monsoon system, if working properly is very good. Unfortunately, due to the uniqueness of the monsoon system, there are no speaker upgrades to resolve this issue forcing us to spend large sums of money on aftermarket systems. Fortunately, I do my own work, so I don't have to spend that much. For the future, I will always be wary of a monsoon system when buying a new vehicle. Unless monsoon does something to resolve this issue.

Thank You,
Stan P.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:42 PM
Banned

you dam well why it was designed the way it is...so you have to buy replacment speakers from gm...and get raped everytime!Fk it...when my go i';m rippin the entire thing out and getting a good system...then drag the monsoon up the highweay at a buck and half.........i can tell you this much...gm will never get another penny from me...i';m buying rice next time...at least they don't fk you every chance they get!
Old 01-19-2004, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

They never replied. Obviously, they don't give a damn. I will never purchace anything with the monsoon name. Ever.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

I wouldnt be so much pissed about the ohm ratings if the speakers didnt blow so easily. Ive had and been in many cars, and never blown stock speakers until this one, and supposedly this is supposed to be a better system? I think they should just explain why the speakers are so shady, why they tend to stop working randomly, and why they blow so easily.

Sorry that was a bit redundant, but oh well...

Last edited by SidewayzOZ; 01-19-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 01-19-2004, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SidewayzOZ
I wouldnt be so much pissed about the ohm ratings if the speakers didnt blow so easily. Ive had and been in many cars, and never blown stock speakers until this one, and supposedly this is supposed to be a better system? I think they should just explain why the speakers are so shady, why they tend to stop working randomly, and why they blow so easily.
They should explain this. This is very unusual. There are so many of us with the same problems. They are probably too afraid to confront this- that shows they are weak- just like their product.