Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Catted Y pipe for Jet hot headers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best Catted Y pipe for Jet hot headers?

Anyone out there running Jet-Hot headers with any y pipe other than the Jet-hot one?

I still hate my removable cats. they will never stop leaking and hang so low its disgusting. Look!

Thanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Best Catted Y pipe for Jet hot headers?-p1010093.jpg   Best Catted Y pipe for Jet hot headers?-p1010094.jpg  
Old 04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texas Speed, a sponsor here, has nice catted Y's that get good reviews.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Custom catted y-pipe
Old 04-08-2010, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same Y-pipe you're currently running. I haven't had any trouble with mine leaking around the cats. And as for how low it sits, I think thats just something you have to live with when you run an actual 3" Y-pipe that isn't flattened-out like the factory piece.

I'm sure Texas Speed's Catted-Y will fit your Jet Hot LTs. Plus it has a way better merge than the one on the Jet Hot Y-pipe.

Although, I'm not so sure its going to tuck-up against the bottom of the car any tighter than the one we currently have.

I'd love to uprgrade to the TSP Catted-Y, but I have a chassis mounted Torque Arm. I don't believe the larger merge will fit between the underbody brace (where my T/A attaches) and the bottom of the car.

I see you still have your factory underbody brace in place. If you do upgrade to the TSP Y, you'll most likely have to remove the brace. Where the brace mounts is the exact location where the merge ends up once the Y is installed.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Please keep it updated with your progress. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:58 PM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

TSP's catted-y is a very nice piece. Plus it's adjustable...I've got mine tucked up under the car nicely. Highly recommend.