Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

02 Camaro Window sweep

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 Camaro Window sweep

Hey, anyone can help? My right handside (pass side) outer window sweep is coming up and broken. I suspect the metal tabs are not doing their job. I have tried to push down and repair it but to no avail.
Anyone know where to buy a new one at a decent price, online?
thanks
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM

I ordered some aftermarket ones from Hawks third gen and the fit was horrible. The built in clips that hold them on didnt line up right with the holes on the door and they didnt have enough clamping power to keep them on nice and tight. I ended up pulling the clips off, drilling holes in the sweeps and installing speed nuts and stainless screws to hold them on. In the end they came out looking working great, but they were a MAJOR pain in the *** to install.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:14 PM

P.S. moral of the story: just buy the GM ones if you can. They are twice the price of the aftermarket ones but I'm guessing it would save you a ton of work.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i was just gonna post up a thread asking this exact question! crazy coincidence. my damned passenger window sweep stared doing this too. a couple weeks ago, out of nowhere, it just came up and out of place when i rolled the window up. been pissing me off ever since.

please, somebody chime in with a way to fix this. i really dont want to have to but anything. my wallets empty at the moment
Old 04-08-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by crimson_bird
i was just gonna post up a thread asking this exact question! crazy coincidence. my damned passenger window sweep stared doing this too. a couple weeks ago, out of nowhere, it just came up and out of place when i rolled the window up. been pissing me off ever since.

please, somebody chime in with a way to fix this. i really dont want to have to but anything. my wallets empty at the moment
You really only have two options. You can either pop the thing back into place or install a new one. I replaced both of mine because the felt pads had worn out and put tons of scratches in both of my windows.

Quick Reply: 02 Camaro Window sweep