help with rear end setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with rear end setup

ok, ive been getting 2.1-2.3, 2.1 on a good launch, my best being 2.051
btw this is on bfg sports tires, not DRs

my rear pass side is start to squeak so im still trying to figure that one out but what else should i do? im also on a budget and its a 95% street car, only sees the track a couple of times a year (looking to bring that number up though)

so far my front suspension is stock,
rear i have steel driveshaft w/ 1350 yokes to moser 12 bolt with eaton hd posi 33 spline and 4.11 gears
bmr non-adj LCAs, stock panhard, SLP adj tq arm, stock springs and shocks, pinion angle is right at -2

i know i need some DRs, but what else?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not a drag racing expert, but it seems that some good drag tires will help your time a lot.

As far as the squeaking, two thoughts. If you have poly ends in your LCA's, you may need to grease them. Secondly, there's a chance the bushings in your PHB are shot and making some noise too.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by greatskiiiier
ok, ive been getting 2.1-2.3, 2.1 on a good launch, my best being 2.051
btw this is on bfg sports tires, not DRs

my rear pass side is start to squeak so im still trying to figure that one out but what else should i do? im also on a budget and its a 95% street car, only sees the track a couple of times a year (looking to bring that number up though)

so far my front suspension is stock,
rear i have steel driveshaft w/ 1350 yokes to moser 12 bolt with eaton hd posi 33 spline and 4.11 gears
bmr non-adj LCAs, stock panhard, SLP adj tq arm, stock springs and shocks, pinion angle is right at -2

i know i need some DRs, but what else?

Looked at your current mods...

The biggest help for a 6-speed car is going to be tires and practice,practice,practice.....

You have a lot of first gear with the 6-speed and 4:11 rear gear ratio which makes launching a car difficult to say the least on street tires...
Old 04-08-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Resident

k, guess i gatta get me some tires, thanks for the advice!!! rear will stay as is until i get the tires and really start whompin on it

99Forumla- lmao you hit the nail on the head, got under car and had my friend hop up and down inside of it, front poly bushing is squeaking and the phb make a lil noise when getting in and out, only enough that i could faintly hear it with me head 2 inches away
ganna grease the snot out of em and hopefully the sound goes away
Old 04-08-2010, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greatskiiiier
k, guess i gatta get me some tires, thanks for the advice!!! rear will stay as is until i get the tires and really start whompin on it

99Forumla- lmao you hit the nail on the head, got under car and had my friend hop up and down inside of it, front poly bushing is squeaking and the phb make a lil noise when getting in and out, only enough that i could faintly hear it with me head 2 inches away
ganna grease the snot out of em and hopefully the sound goes away
lol, glad to hear it!