Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best muffler/xpipe to use with custom dual system?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default best muffler/xpipe to use with custom dual system?

Im going to be having a custom dual system made with an xpipe and want to take everything to the exhaust shop with me when i get it done instead of having them buy it. I will more than likely be doing an under axle setup with 6LE's CME tip (if there still for sale when im ready to buy). I want it to be loud with no drone and good ground clearance, especially around the muffler(I know, askin alot). If you have a setup that works for you post up what products you used (brand, size, where you got it).
Old 04-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is a dual 3",MAC Mids with flanges cut off and v-bands added so it is straight 3", bullet metal core cats (not shown in pics), into generic H-Pipe, into 2 SLP LM1s, dual 3" over the axle and then (not shown in the pics) dual 3" into my Stainless Steel 3" CME with lip...

It sounded good (with my 230/231 112 +2 F13 Cam) but was too loud and droned (especially with my stall). Once I added the CME it smoothed the flow out (kind of the way Mustangs sound a little better since they have all that extra piping past the muffler to smooth it out) and sounds great...

Here's a video...

You have to use the SS CME though, the OEM makes it sound raspy IMHO (and I sell both so it doesn't matter, I just like the sound on SS better)...
Old 04-13-2010, 04:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pacesetter lt's + summit 3" x-pipe kit + 3" turn downs before axle for me