Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Couple T-56 questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 05:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple T-56 questions...

To make a long story short, I recently traded for my Dad's Firehawk back and he had put a Rossler TH350 in it. Which is fun, and works perfect, however, I'm wanting to drive the car more, and the lack of overdrive, 4500 non-lockup, and 4.56 gears make that alittle tough. So I'm wanting to go back to a T-56 (which it was factory). I'm a newbie when it comes to 6 speed stuff. The car is a built heads/cam (ported&shaved 5.3's/MS3) car that makes good power and weighs a couple tons. What I'm wanting to know is, can I get away with a stock (low-mile) T-56 with a good RAM or LS7 clutch, or should I go with like a built t-56 and a better clutch? I won't be using sticky tires, or racing that often, maily just having fun on the street with the occasional "power display" LOL. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.

Chris

Last edited by CHRIZ28; 04-15-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CHRIZ28
What I'm wanting to know is, can I get away with a stock (low-mile) T-56 with a good RAM or LS7 clutch, or should I go with like a built t-56 and a better clutch? I won't be using sticky tires, or racing that often, maily just having fun on the street with the occasional "power display" LOL. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
A stock T56 should handle it, but you'll always have the possibility that the stock "wear" parts could fail under any power levels. (blockers, fork pads, synchro keys, alum 3-4 fork)

If you get a used unit and can open it up anyway, you should think about beefing it up by upgrading the above parts.