Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does porting the Edelbrock Pro-Flo help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does porting the Edelbrock Pro-Flo help?

I've got the chance to buy an Edelbrock Pro-Flo intake (newer version) that has been ported. The porting was done by Tim and Track-Ready and the seller states that 3 pounds of material were removed. The opening was ported to match a 95mm TB.

I'm really wanting this intake for my '56 Belair build so fitment is not an issue, just performance.

I know these intakes lose some bottom end stock and gain some at 6K and over but would porting help it on the lower end?

I'm not very tech savvy when it comes to the LS engines and porting etc.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Bumping
Old 04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Does anyone have any idea?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:19 AM
On The Tree

I dont think many on this forum are running this intake because most guys have either vets or camaros and this intake desnt fit to well under the hood. But imsure that some intake porting if it isnt extreme probally wouldn't hurt. If your looking to run this in the 65 or 56 it should look great. I have this setup to throw in my 48 but have not had time to do anything with it and by the looks of things wont be able to even touch it till june. Even have the coil covers but unable to use because I have my engine tucked as far back as it would go and would have to modify covers dramatically to get them to fit.