Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2's confused front and rear

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2's confused front and rear

Ok well seems that the previous owner who mickey moused some shop made long tubes screwed with the o2's. They took out the cats welded in four bungs and put 2 and 2. I believe they just put them in not caring which ones went first. The only prob now that I did my hooker LTs theres only two bungs instead of 4 and I need to make sure I've got the right o2's plugged in. On the passenger side that harness that carries the wires for the o2 also seems to carry some wire for the starter correct? On the drivers side I'm kinda confused theres a plug up by the front by the rack n pinion alternator area. Would this be the harness for the front o2 or no? because there is also another plug for an o2 right by the tranny on the driver side and also I believe on passenger side. On passenger side I believe the plug by tranny also carries a plug for the tranny and the o2 as well? I just need someone to tell me what other wires are carried in the groups of wires that have the front o2 harnesses in them. Thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Launching!

anyone??
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

u need the ones b4 the cats (primary o2 sensor).. the plugs ur talking about that are by the trans are not needed u can either try and by a 02 simulator or just take it to a shop that tunes ls1's and have them delete it from the computer and u wont have a check engine light
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Launching!

I know I need the front ones. The rear ones are already tuned out. I just need to know what other wires go along in that same bundle as the front o2s so I can be sure I got the correct ones plugged in. Car seems to be running a bit jerky etc so thats why I'm wondering if they are right ones plugged in.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure of your question.. The front ones, the one you need, the connections are right by the K-member. The rear ones, the connections are back by the trans.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Launching!

What other wires branch out from the front o2 sensor harness. Like theres a few other wires that go along with the o2 sensor wires like in the same bundle just need to know which wires are in that same bundle as the front o2s. Like on the passenger side i see a wire that comes out from that o2 sensor harness that leads to the starter?
Old 04-27-2010, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it goes to a ground. I had some issues with my 02's, I found a schematic on here and checked the continuity, If I remember correctly, it goes to a grounded connection.