General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Permanent fix to bent fender tab problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Permanent fix to bent fender tab problem

Has anyone done a write up on how to fix the bent front fender tab issue permanently on a 4th GEN Camaro. I know bending it back will work, but can still happen again if someone is careless. After this happening several times the tabs will break and the fenders will crack. Several folks have done a flush mounted fix and that is what I am leaning towards and others have done this.

Mine is a 2002 Z28.

Thanks - Mike Jones
Old 04-27-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mich2112
has anyone done a write up on how to fix the bent front fender tab issue permanently on a 4th gen camaro. I know bending it back will work, but can still happen again if someone is careless. After this happening several times the tabs will break and the fenders will crack. Several folks have done a flush mounted fix and that is what i am leaning towards and others have done this.

Mine is a 2002 z28.

Thanks - mike jones
i would like to know this as well.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

annnnnd subscribing.. mine are bent...
Old 04-27-2010, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The permanent fix is to either work on the car yourself or take it to someone who knows what the f%ck they're doing and dealers don't count! When I bought my SS brand new and took it in for the 1st oil change the dumbass tech lifted the car using the tabs...thinking they were pinchweld-liftpoints. I was going to have the lift points marked with big bright "LIFT HERE DUMB-***" in yellow writing and "DON'T LIFT HERE **** HEAD" in red writing
Old 04-27-2010, 11:13 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 99monguse
The permanent fix is to either work on the car yourself or take it to someone who knows what the f%ck they're doing and dealers don't count! When I bought my SS brand new and took it in for the 1st oil change the dumbass tech lifted the car using the tabs...thinking they were pinchweld-liftpoints. I was going to have the lift points marked with big bright "LIFT HERE DUMB-***" in yellow writing and "DON'T LIFT HERE **** HEAD" in red writing
lol, I would love to see that.

Quick Reply: Permanent fix to bent fender tab problem