General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

replacing oil pan gasket

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacing oil pan gasket

i did a search or two and came up with some tips, but wasn't able to locate a real specific write-up

i found one thread where a guy was replacing his rod end bolts, but would like some more information

from what i understand, i'll need to at least do something with the k-member (dropping?) in order to get the pan off

anything else to know about? i called the local shop to see what the avg labor hours were and it looked to be right around 5
Old 05-04-2010, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

what i did was i unbolted everything they said to in the rod bolt write up but dont take the K member bolts all out, i took the passenger side out completely but left the drivers side in some so i could pry down on the K member to get the pan out. Reason i did this was because i didnt wana have to drain the power steering fluid out. But then again i did have it on a lift so you may have to and also make sure you support the front of the engine and tranny when you drop the K member. Oh and if you have the stock exhaust on there have fun getting the motor mounts out lol.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

i reeeeeeeeeeally dont wanna do this