Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

thumping noise from the rear-end. help needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thumping noise from the rear-end. help needed

Everytime I shift, and let of the gas and then hit the throttle again, I get a thump noise from the rear end. Haven't lifted it up yet, but wanted to get your thoughts. I was thinking bushings or something. Thank you in advance for the help.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by redline.inc
Everytime I shift, and let of the gas and then hit the throttle again, I get a thump noise from the rear end. Haven't lifted it up yet, but wanted to get your thoughts. I was thinking bushings or something. Thank you in advance for the help.
Sounds like the bushing on the front of the diff. Mine was shot at 50,000 miles.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Gus_Mahn
Sounds like the bushing on the front of the diff. Mine was shot at 50,000 miles.
I second this. Stock bushings tend to go bad early (usually). Pony up the money for an aftermarket front diff bushing and you'll never have to worry about it again.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Mine had the SAME sound at 34k miles. It is currently getting motor mounts (which were flat broken apparently) and a diff mount. The shop says this will cure it all!!

They suggested Creative Steel for the mounts but as of now I have nothing to go on.

Graham
Old 05-06-2010, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Definately the front diff bushing. My car just crossed 29K and has the same issue. I will be going with the CS motor, trans and diff bushing along with a Monster clutch and flywheel and Katech shifter soon. I already have the Spectre cradle bushings. That should cure what I hate most so far about this car. The shitty rubber filled driveline.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all replies. Where could I get these at? Website? Need to order right away.

Quick Reply: thumping noise from the rear-end. help needed