Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EFILiveV6

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default EFILiveV6

I just got EFILive and plan on using it today. It was shipped with the V5 CD. However, I downloaded the V6 code off of the efilive site.

Do I need to start with V5 then go through the upgrade process or can I just ditch the V5 CD that came with EFILive and use the downloaded V6 software..

This is a net new install.. Never had or used EFILive before..

Thanks.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:20 PM
Restricted User

You can start with V6 - you do not need to install V5.
However, you do need to get your V5 license upgraded to V6.
See here: http://www.efilive.com/upgrade.html
Old 01-10-2004, 04:43 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i am having some problems with v6, i would just start with the v5 for now, get to know how it works then try the v6 so you know if you are having any problems.

efilive is soooooo cool.
Old 01-11-2004, 09:11 PM
Teching In

Parish8, what types of probs you having? Is EFILive support working with you?
Technically V5 and V6 do the same thing (read and display codes) in the same manner a Model T and a C5 Corvette get you to grandma's house!

They are two different (well mannered and tame) beasts!
Old 01-11-2004, 09:21 PM
single digit dreamer

i did post on your site and someone posted back http://www.efilive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=348

that was the only issue i remember clearly but there were some other things that i couldn't get to work right and they worked like i thought they should on v5. i know statements like that must be frustrating to you and no help at all. something like changing the size of the charts screen while loging wouldn't work i think, something else too.

seems kind of notchy too when charting with the canges recomended to make the control panel work.

i do have a question for you while you are here, with the control panel on v6 it lets you activly add or take away timing, does that work like it would seem? can i use it actively while runing the truck? seem like an easy way to find out the timing limts of a certain set up would be to put it on the dyno and have the dyno hold the rpms(at WOT) where you want them and then on the fly add timing till knock set in. can i do that? not sure how much power those mustang dynos can hold back though.
Old 01-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Teching In

BiDi works only as long as program is running and cable is connected. NOT something you would want to do "on the road".

Now on the dyno, that is safer, but still, remember knock is more than just timing! Google "preignition" and "hydrocarbon detonation" and maybe "flame front" and see what I mean...

IMHO, I'd use the sophisticated (and rather foolproof) OEM knock sensor and PCM compensation systems already there to get the optimum detonation sense-and-avoidance!
Old 01-11-2004, 10:08 PM
single digit dreamer

i wasn't talking about driving around with it, just using it to find the timing limit, then make it permanant with edit, basicly save me a bunch of edit rewrites.

i have been using atap for awhile now, efilive is soooo much better, keep up the good work and new versions!!