General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Drive train Vibration Question?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 03:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Drive train Vibration Question?

If anyone has any insight on this problem, Please help! Thanks in advance!!

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...l#post13318378
Old 05-12-2010, 07:42 PM
11 Second Club

ttt, he needs some help guys
Old 05-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Launching!

Its your poly tranny mount. I put it one in my car and it does the same thing. When you put it on with the metal plate. I have herd of things like if you shave down the sides with a grinder it will reduce the vibration and also herd that if you take the plate off it will not be as bad. The mount is solid and not like the stock mount. The stock mount will absorb the vibration because its not solid it is hollow in the middle of it. Poly mounts wont break usually. But IMO its your mount if it bothers you that much you can try to shave down the sides or take the plate out.

If you replaced the mount before the vibration and had suspect that it could be the mount then still could be the tranny mount. When i ripped mine i had a really bad vibration until i replaced it. Once i had enough with changing it all the time i finally gave in and put a poly one in. Vibration still was about the same. I took the plate off and it helped a little bit. I didnt shave the mount though so i dont know how that works.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Drew24; 05-13-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:23 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Drew24
Its your poly tranny mount. I put it one in my car and it does the same thing. When you put it on with the metal plate. I have herd of things like if you shave down the sides with a grinder it will reduce the vibration and also herd that if you take the plate off it will not be as bad. The mount is solid and not like the stock mount. The stock mount will absorb the vibration because its not solid it is hollow in the middle of it. Poly mounts wont break usually. But IMO its your mount if it bothers you that much you can try to shave down the sides or take the plate out.

If you replaced the mount before the vibration and had suspect that it could be the mount then still could be the tranny mount. When i ripped mine i had a really bad vibration until i replaced it. Once i had enough with changing it all the time i finally gave in and put a poly one in. Vibration still was about the same. I took the plate off and it helped a little bit. I didnt shave the mount though so i dont know how that works.

Hope this helps

I had the vibration before the poly trans mount. So i am getting the driveshaft balanced today! Thanks for the help though. i will see what happens and let you know.