Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Blast from the Past.....Cantrast in Technology

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Blast from the Past.....Cantrast in Technology

40 years of automotive history here...and since most of you are too young to remember, I've attached a couple of photos for comparison.

The first is of a current Gen 3/4-type, this particular one is an LS7 (w/440 rwhp in stock form), and the second is a barn-fresh (stored since the early '80s) 426 street Hemi which, in stock form, delivered ~325 rwhp. This one has a MOPAR Performance solid lifter cam with a pretty nasty grind.

Our engines generally weigh ~425 lbs without accessories where the Hemi weighed close to 800 lbs in the same trim.

Don't even think about the fuel consumption....

Of course, they did have a "cool" factor as do all big blocks, regardless of brand.

This thing belongs to a guy who is returning from deployment at the end of the month and I'm going to put kits in the carbs, check out everything, and see if it will start as a welcome home treat.

Maybe I can post a sound clip if I can get it to run.
Attached Thumbnails Blast from the Past.....Cantrast in Technology-mvc-006f.jpg   Blast from the Past.....Cantrast in Technology-mvc-005f.jpg  
Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a nice find, hope the rebuilding of the carbs will do the job, won't he be surprised when he gets back.