Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Who Here Has Painted Their Camaro Roof?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who Here Has Painted Their Camaro Roof?

I am going to repaint my roof and need to know about the drip moldings on the left and right edges of the roof. Can it be taken off and re-installed? I tried gently to pry it and can't figure it out, it almost looked like it shouldn't be taken off. But I am sanding the clear off of the roof because it's peeling (not a bubbling issue) and really need to get to those edges. They do have the drip moldings at gmpartsdirect for like $25 each and their shipping is usually pretty high so I'm trying to see if I can re-use them. I'm also seeing if a glass guy can take out just the top windshield rubber and replace it with a new one because I can't really get the edges with that rubber on there either. I could use a new front windshield, anyone know how much they cost on a 4th gen?
Old 06-03-2010, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

side pieces once remove you can not use. they are glued and very hard to remove. top windshield strip can not be remove it is put seal with the windshield glue need to be cut off. and the windshield just cost me $198 to replace and i would give the installer a b- for the install. every one else wanted $285 plus tax.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks but i figured it out, the are not glued believe it or not they just slip in. I think they are metal or aluminum. I don't see any reason why I can't put them back in.
Old 06-05-2010, 09:59 PM
12 Second Club

never seen one painted

Quick Reply: Who Here Has Painted Their Camaro Roof?