Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can I weld my a/c hose

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I weld my a/c hose

My belt wore a hole in my a/c hose that comes off the condensor, I am not thrilled about buying a new hose, since they seem a tad pricey, could I just have someone throw some weld on this hose to close the hole up? It is the aluminum part of the hose that has the small hole in it.
Thanks in advance
Justin
Old 06-09-2010, 06:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes needs to be tig welded though.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Very carefully but my opinion on this has always been if its already broken... Can you really break it more?
Old 06-09-2010, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AnthonyARH
Very carefully but my opinion on this has always been if its already broken... Can you really break it more?
LOL so true but yes ive seen people really break broken **** with a welder.

EXample hmm not welding right turn up the amps hmm still not welding right crank up the amps hmmmm still not weldinng oOOO my lord why do i have a big puddle on the floor of molt metal well guess it this metal just cant be welded I heard that alot . but if its metal and on earth with skills anything can be welded
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I guess I should have stated if you take it to someone skilled and in this case highly it could be saved. I personally would try to weld it. But I know before I even start these things... Its thin as hell. Its an automotive part so its contaiminated with oil and the lub that is used in the A/C system. this will need to be very clean inside and out since the oils will be pulled thru the metal. The quailty of the material used in the first place if its junk then welding it will be harder. Finally it is a pressure vessel so the base material around the weld area may be weak and crack.

If you have the skill to try and fix it do it. if you are goin to be paying. pay for the new part and be done with it.