Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally a Camaro Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 05:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally a Camaro Owner

Hey everyone, the name's Vinny, and I've been looking for a '98-'02 4th gen with t-tops, 6 speed, and under 80k miles for about 2 years. I finally came across a '99 Mystic Teal Metallic Camaro with 69k miles last week and jumped on it and am extremely happy. It's been my dream car for awhile and now I can park with my other F-Body friends at the car shows I go to. The car is beautiful and she absolutely rips. Here she is!

Finally a Camaro Owner-101_1467.jpg

Finally a Camaro Owner-101_1468.jpg

Finally a Camaro Owner-101_1470.jpg
Old 06-13-2010, 05:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome!
Welcome. Car looks clean. Time for a drop and some wheels, Then LT's an LS6 intake new heads (853<any other Head) LOL and finally a Cam..
Old 06-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by desertLS1
Awesome!
Welcome. Car looks clean. Time for a drop and some wheels, Then LT's an LS6 intake new heads (853<any other Head) LOL and finally a Cam..
HAH!! I'm not going to do a lot of engine mods, it's basically going to be a daily driver... but a sexy one

I was thinking an SS hood with a charcoal painted scoop, drop, wheels, slp powerflo exhaust, slp intake, tint, HID's, among many other things lol. It never ends. Those are the major things though.

I'm very excited to own this vehicle, I absolutely love it.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Teching In

I just ordered the leather wrapped SLP shift ****.

Anybody have any suggestions for a drop??
Old 06-14-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

very nice
Old 06-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Defined1983
very nice
Thanks!

I already did some mods to it today. Added my Kenwood deck and Heartbeat of America floor mats. I still have to wire up my amp and sub, but I'll save that for another day.

Finally a Camaro Owner-101_1480.jpg
Old 06-17-2010, 12:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
Welcome!
Thanks! I'm so happy and proud to be a Camaro owner!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VinnyDz28
Thanks! I'm so happy and proud to be a Camaro owner!
Man do i know that feeling....

My father was the director of the Fbody assc. for out local chapter when i was a kid. We would always have meets like 1-2 times a month... So naturally, when i turned 16... i wanted a camaro. Didnt get one considering they were "too fast" so my awesome dad got me a 99 eclipse GST... which was funny because after its turbo upgrade it smoked his H/C 94 z28 all the time... I ended up selling the car and getting my current droptop SS for like 5k... I love this car!

So yea... lol Glad to have you aboard.

Btw, FIRST engine mod i would recomend is a lid. You can find them on here used for pretty cheap. i got my MTI clear lid for like..65 shipped lol
Old 06-19-2010, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nemean
Man do i know that feeling....

My father was the director of the Fbody assc. for out local chapter when i was a kid. We would always have meets like 1-2 times a month... So naturally, when i turned 16... i wanted a camaro. Didnt get one considering they were "too fast" so my awesome dad got me a 99 eclipse GST... which was funny because after its turbo upgrade it smoked his H/C 94 z28 all the time... I ended up selling the car and getting my current droptop SS for like 5k... I love this car!

So yea... lol Glad to have you aboard.

Btw, FIRST engine mod i would recomend is a lid. You can find them on here used for pretty cheap. i got my MTI clear lid for like..65 shipped lol
Wow man congrats, I'm glad you got your car!! And thank you!

I got pretty lucky getting a beautiful 03 Dodge Ram from my Dad for my first car. I won "best ride" superlative with it in high school, from which I just graduated BTW. After buying my own Camaro I really appreciate the hard work he had to do to pay for the truck. Luckily, I still have both cars!

Thanks for the advice. I was definitely going to do that and get a smooth bellow and filter. I was reading Camaro magazine and they were testing out a 2000 z28, and just an intake on the LS1 is good for 9 hp to the wheels!

Here's my truck: (got a great deal on the Cragar's off ebay)

Finally a Camaro Owner-truck.jpg
Old 06-19-2010, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by VinnyDz28
Wow man congrats, I'm glad you got your car!! And thank you!

I got pretty lucky getting a beautiful 03 Dodge Ram from my Dad for my first car. I won "best ride" superlative with it in high school, from which I just graduated BTW. After buying my own Camaro I really appreciate the hard work he had to do to pay for the truck. Luckily, I still have both cars!

Thanks for the advice. I was definitely going to do that and get a smooth bellow and filter. I was reading Camaro magazine and they were testing out a 2000 z28, and just an intake on the LS1 is good for 9 hp to the wheels!

Here's my truck: (got a great deal on the Cragar's off ebay)

Attachment 238452
Go with a 3.5in rubber coupler from lowes for 6 dollars... same if not better flow, just makes fitment pretty tight, mines lasted since i did it. and i mounted my nitrous nozzle in it too..

Old 06-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Launching!

I'd go SS hood with black manta, SS spoiler, berger mod, chrome Camaro letters in the back, chrome Z06 wheels, CME, VHT tails and corner lights...maybe some old school looking z/28 emblems from emblem pros....think u got a winner there
Old 06-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by UGOTWS6D
I'd go SS hood with black manta, SS spoiler, berger mod, chrome Camaro letters in the back, chrome Z06 wheels, CME, VHT tails and corner lights...maybe some old school looking z/28 emblems from emblem pros....think u got a winner there
DUDE... that's literally EXACTLY what I was going to do, except a silver manta.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nemean
Go with a 3.5in rubber coupler from lowes for 6 dollars... same if not better flow, just makes fitment pretty tight, mines lasted since i did it. and i mounted my nitrous nozzle in it too..

Yep great idea. That what I did with my truck, I built a CAI out of PVC pipe from home depot and 2.5" couplers. Works and looks great!