Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wide band questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wide band questions

I getting ready to buy a wide band for my carbed mustang. I was just wondering if there is a certain one to buy? Never had one so I am new at this. Also do they come with everything I need? I was looking at summit and seen they sell one for 250. Does it matter what brand to get?

thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 05:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought the Innovate LM2. It is nice to get one with data logging. sort or hard to read a WB when driving flat out. It came with everything.

The Innovate one lets you record things like RPM, vacuum and if you hook a TPS up you can record throttle position too. It comes with software that makes it really easy to play back the run on a PC. it uses camera flash cards so no cables are needed to transfer files.

The LM2 also has a full OBDII scanner built in. It is not just a code reader, it is a full scanner with logging capability. I have never used that.

The unit is pretty nice. For the most part it has worked fine but it can be a little quirky. Sometimes is freezes up and has to have power recycled. There is a butt load of wires to hook to it and I am not 100% happy with the type of connectors they use. I am gentle with it cause it doesn't look like they will take a lot of abuse.

But having said all that I don't know how people tune a carb without some type of AF meter. They really do the job.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
I bought the Innovate LM2. It is nice to get one with data logging. sort or hard to read a WB when driving flat out. It came with everything.

x2 thats the one i'm getting
Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Teching In

Default I have the LC-1 permanently installed

My Jaguar with a 383/200R and a QJ carb has one installed permanently. It works great to see the changes made immediately, in real time.

It also logs to a computer to show the engine action "over time". Had it installed now for several years.

Quick Reply: wide band questions