Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Grinding in the morning?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 12:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Grinding in the morning?

I've got a 2000 Z28 M6 that I just had Aamco rebuild. The reason I had the trans rebuilt was because 5th gear was out. So we took them the trans and they did a bench job on it . They replaced the 3rd and 4th gear syncro, 5th and 6th gear syncro and all the shift fork pads. Well we put the car back together with a new RAM clutch but we didn't replace the slave and master because when I bought the car it was suppose to have had a rebuilt trans with new clutch, slave and everyhing when I got it. Well 5th gear was still out when the trans was put back in. So the car went to Aamco and they pulled it themselves and fixed it. Well the morning after I got back with it the car started grinding in 3rd and 4th gear sometimes 5th. So i blead the clutch and got it 10 to 1 better than what it was. Now in the morning if i shift fairly quickly it'll grind in 3rd and 4th but it does it very quickly like just a slight growl as it falls in. Once it warmed up its fine for the most part it may grind once in 100 miles after warmed up. Also when I blead the clutch we had to take our hand and pull up the clutch pedal. Has anyone else had this problem? Sorry for the long story but really concerned since theres about 1500 bucks in the trans and it still grinds
Thanks in advance
Old 06-15-2010, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 6sp and my two friends that have them all gring a tiny bit in the am (50 degrees and colder) mine only does it into 3rd. Ive heard that its normal with 6spds, it just has to warm up so just slow down your shifts a bit for the first 5 mins of driving and you'll be fine. and the pedal dont coming up isnt a bid deal during bleeding aslong as its fine now