Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec stage 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 05:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec stage 1

Just wondering if anyone was running a Spec stg 1 on their bolt-on car? If so what are your thoughts about the clutch as far as driveability, durability and longevity? Thanks
Old 06-17-2010, 05:54 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I managed to tear up a Spec3 in about 6 months with bolt-ons and an LS6 cam. Started slipping really bad just out of no where. It never saw the track and I never abused it. I hear that the Spec1 does tend to be the best for daily driving though. Probably has a less aggressive engagement. If you dont already have it I would suggest looking at the monster clutches.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:21 AM
FormerVendor

M1, it all comes down to planned usage and power output. A Stage 1 is a great option for a street driven car that produces torque within its rated capacity. That being said, as with any cutch itis imerative to make sure that you get the clutch that best suits your needs. Give me a call and I will be happy to talk you through the available options and help you make a determination relative to what best suits your needs.

It is also worth noting that clutch life is impacted by many factors including the vehicles power output, driving style, usage type, installation, flatness of the flywheel, properly functioning hydraulics, etc... clutches do not simply wear out on their own, without cause. But, as you will likely see on this forum many times people vilify a clutch (no matter who manufactured it) without actually assessing the cause of their problem.

Orange, if you have any questions or concerns about your experience feel free to contact me directly for assistance. You can send pics of the parts to me as well if you would like me to take a look. Thanks!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:29 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
M1, it all comes down to planned usage and power output. A Stage 1 is a great option for a street driven car that produces torque within its rated capacity. That being said, as with any cutch itis imerative to make sure that you get the clutch that best suits your needs. Give me a call and I will be happy to talk you through the available options and help you make a determination relative to what best suits your needs.

Ok i will do that, thank you sir.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:11 AM
FormerVendor

Great! I look forward to speaking with you. Thanks,
Old 06-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Banned

IMO, most failures of clutches on these types of cars is due to the crappy hydraulics and not the actual clutch itself.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:10 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPEC-01

Orange, if you have any questions or concerns about your experience feel free to contact me directly for assistance. You can send pics of the parts to me as well if you would like me to take a look. Thanks!
I liked the clutch. I never really investigated fully the cause of the problem. Resurfaced the Spec flywheel that I got with it and ran a different clutch (sintered iron) and then switched to a twin disc with aluminum fw after hating the engagement of SI.