Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new Hookers...bad?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new Hookers...bad?

Well I got my new headers today and compared to the ones I had (that didn't fit right) these kind of look like ****. Where the header mates to the manifold the holes are kind of not round from where they ground the welds and the welds arent flush with the side of the header that mounts to the head, cant think of what its called. The other problem is one of the collectors has a little bend in it but nothing too bad. Do you guys think these will work okay or should I contact Holley and the company I bought them from?

Old 06-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Launching!

Looks about right.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

hookers with stds are bad LOL.they are made in mexico .
Old 06-18-2010, 10:43 PM
10 Second Club

Send them back and get your money back!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 251 Likes on 207 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

this is not the 1st time i have seen complaints about hookers............
Old 06-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Launching!

man i pretty much posted the same damn thing u did with pics like that not too long ago... i got my hookers a couple months ago and they looked EXACTLY like that, i was like these look like **** somethings gotta be wrong... alot of ppl on here said they dont look right send them back and then alot of guys said they are perfectly fine.... well i ended up putting them on my car with new GM gaskets and they leaked real bad... so i changed gaskets and used the Percy's seal for goods, put them on yesterday actually, and still they are leaking bad..... i would seriously consider sending them back. I have no clue what to do now about mine, i'm afraid im stuck for good with an exhaust leak!

i REALLY wish i had got at least Pacesetters instead of the Hookers, but it's too late now i'm stuck....

Last edited by brandon_01_ta; 06-18-2010 at 11:10 PM. Reason: n/a
Old 06-18-2010, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I actually just went through that thread. Was kind of getting my hopes up but I went and felt the raised part and its not flat at all has lots of dips and grooves and crap. I'm going to email the company I bought them from and see what they can do. This is in no way there fault though because the headers were shipped direct from hooker.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:46 PM
On The Tree

if you look at my third pic you can see a dip there is one really good size dip the others are minor. But I don't want to try and put them on to find out they don't seal and scratch them up to where I couldn't send them back kind of wishing I wouldve gone pacesetter too.

Last edited by bigjakester; 06-19-2010 at 12:28 AM.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:03 AM
TECH Regular

ah, sorry to see...I would defently send that crap back...I went with Kooks and what an awesome header they make, mine are beatiful...

personally, I would be very dissatisfied!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:19 PM
Launching!

well the hooker headers a made with the raised part on the flanges, i'm not sure why cause all other headers are flat and smoothe.... on my set, even tho they look like ****, the raised part of the ports were flat and smooth and looked level so that's why i went ahead and put them on.... i don't know if my heads are warped or if it's just the headers themselves but i cannot get the damn things to seal... i just put on a set of Percy's gaskets and they still sound like they are leaking... i just don't know what to do now cause the company i bought them from won't take them back.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brandon_01_ta
well the hooker headers a made with the raised part on the flanges, i'm not sure why cause all other headers are flat and smoothe.... on my set, even tho they look like ****, the raised part of the ports were flat and smooth and looked level so that's why i went ahead and put them on.... i don't know if my heads are warped or if it's just the headers themselves but i cannot get the damn things to seal... i just put on a set of Percy's gaskets and they still sound like they are leaking... i just don't know what to do now cause the company i bought them from won't take them back.
Find a machine shop and have them mill it flat.

Or be a jerk and ebay them and buy American made this time
Old 06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

The company I bought them from is calling hooker for me Monday mine don't even look flat and definately don't feel flat. Brandon did you maybe try using some red rtv? Oh and If I couldve afforded kooks believe me I DEFINATELY wouldve bought them, wouldn't have even thought twice about it.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bigjakester
The company I bought them from is calling hooker for me Monday mine don't even look flat and definately don't feel flat. Brandon did you maybe try using some red rtv? Oh and If I couldve afforded kooks believe me I DEFINATELY wouldve bought them, wouldn't have even thought twice about it.
same here on the kooks... but no man i didn't try using any rtv. I've thought about it but i've heard that you shouldn't do that.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Heres a pic of one of the dips.

It looks like they ground right through the weld on this.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:20 PM
Launching!

i didn't check mine that closely before i put them on, i wish i had've tho cause i guarantee that's why mine are leaking.... i just assumed they were level.
but yea that sucks man i was excited to buy some Hooker headers but i couldn't be more disappointed....
i would try to send those back or mill them flat if u can
Old 06-20-2010, 09:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

well i got my original hooker headers back in 2004. they had the ring around the flange just like that but they sealed perfectly every time i put them on with a gm mls gasket. i think there quality control has gone way down hill
Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Clearly it's gone down so many companies are trying to cut cost now that they are killing there reps doing so. And Brandon the company I bought them from is calling hooker for me Monday
Old 06-20-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

That **** will leak unless you weld it to the damn head. I had a set like that and milled them flat and they STILL leaked. Sell them and get some pacesetters if you're cheap, or the TSP ones.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

American racing headers FTW. they fit absolutly perfect and easy to install. i even reused the mls gasket i used on the hookers and i have not one leak.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerflash
American racing headers FTW. they fit absolutly perfect and easy to install. i even reused the mls gasket i used on the hookers and i have not one leak.
Hell yeah. The ones I ordered were like modern art masterpieces. Too bad I didn't get to use them before I sold them.