Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header and EGR Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header and EGR Questions?

so im looking at buying long tube headers for a 2000 camaro ls1 and looking at different headers since i live in cali i want to keep my egr system. but my main question is why are the mounting points for the egr different on different headers? do i have to change the piping on the egr or what? please help i need advise on this and dont want to spend a **** load of money on headers either since this is not the car i want racing at the track i got a nova for that!! what do you guys do if you have came across the same problem i am dealing with for example on the driverside manifold the tube is on the #2 cyclinder and on the headers they are on #1. Passenger side its located on the #5 cyclinder which is the same but the pipe that is on the #7 on the manifold is tucked back parellel to the ground and on aftermarket the lube goes up to almost the #5 cyclinder if im making any sense i hope i am and you all can picture and under stand what im trying to say here!!!
Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BFarrier
so im looking at buying long tube headers for a 2000 camaro ls1 and looking at different headers since i live in cali i want to keep my egr system. but my main question is why are the mounting points for the egr different on different headers? do i have to change the piping on the egr or what? please help i need advise on this and dont want to spend a **** load of money on headers either since this is not the car i want racing at the track i got a nova for that!! what do you guys do if you have came across the same problem i am dealing with for example on the driverside manifold the tube is on the #2 cyclinder and on the headers they are on #1. Passenger side its located on the #5 cyclinder which is the same but the pipe that is on the #7 on the manifold is tucked back parellel to the ground and on aftermarket the lube goes up to almost the #5 cyclinder if im making any sense i hope i am and you all can picture and under stand what im trying to say here!!!
You are over thinking this a bit.

The different locations are just fabrication choices the company producing decided on (maybe because of clearence, fitment, whatever), but unless they are on the rear cylinders, you shouldn't really have an issue, and then the issue may just be if your hose is long enough.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Launching!

so either set up is ok i will just have to change my hoses around? does thjat mean i have to cut or by new piping because on the driver side its a solid tube that i doubt will be able to stretch to the forward cyclinder unless its on a bracket that i can adjust any help with that thanks...
Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you buy the headers that are actually for the year of your car the egr and air hook ups will bolt right up. also lt hearders r illegal here anyways so u might as well get the 'race' style headers anyways that dont have the smog hook ups.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:26 PM
Launching!

yeah so how do i delete the egr and air without throwing engine codes actually il start a new thread for that i assume ..
Old 06-20-2010, 08:40 PM

you'll have to have someone tune your car and have them delete the egr system so you don't throw codes.

Quick Reply: Header and EGR Questions?