LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PCM Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM Tune

First off VATS takes it in the mouth and I want it gone for good, I'd also like to tune out all the unnecessary stuff, like the rear O2's. But I don't feel that my modification calls a hardcore tune(I'm also poor), so I'm planning on just getting a mail order tune.

So my question is can I use any pcm from any 95-97 V8 FBody and tell him what I want, or do I have to send him one out of a M6 ans same exact year?
Old 06-29-2010, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Reprogramming only removes half of the VATS function. The need for the key pellet resistance can only be remedied by a resistor bypass.

Even a mail order tune should net you some HP on a stock engine.

PCM depends on whether you want to keep it OBD-II (96-97 PCM) like you have or swap to OBD-I (94-95 PCM that will work with your harness). If you get a complete reflash, it won't matter to the tuner what transmission the PCM was used with-you just tell him what you want it to be.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

Don't mean to hijack this thread but would I be able to go obdII on my 95 z28 with a 96-97 PCM?

IIRC the 95 has the obd II style port.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shbox
Reprogramming only removes half of the VATS function. The need for the key pellet resistance can only be remedied by a resistor bypass.

Even a mail order tune should net you some HP on a stock engine.

PCM depends on whether you want to keep it OBD-II (96-97 PCM) like you have or swap to OBD-I (94-95 PCM that will work with your harness). If you get a complete reflash, it won't matter to the tuner what transmission the PCM was used with-you just tell him what you want it to be.
I'm going to keep it obd-II...I saw that mad tuners has an exchange program...they send me what I need and I send them my old one...easy as pie. I'll prolly stick a resistor in that bad boy one day this week...

Quick Reply: PCM Tune